Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Waking up PS4 Spotify using Spotify on Windows 10

Waking up PS4 Spotify using Spotify on Windows 10

Hi!

I am using a PS4 connected to my audio system to listen to Spotify. If the PS4 is in sleep mode I am able to open the Spotify on iOS and click "Listen on my PS4" to wake the PS4 and start playing automatically. However, when trying to connect to my sleeping PS4 from the Spotify Windows app, the PS4 is grayed out with a "The device is sleeping" message.

Is there a way to wake my PS4 using the Spotify on Windows? I have opened the Spotify app on PS4 and added both my computer and iPhone to devices that are allowed to wake my PS4, but it only seems to be working from iOS.

7 Replies

One last attempt at a bump before I make a support ticket instead.

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue with Mac to PS4.  I can wake it from my iphone, but not the desktop mac client. The desktop client just says "device is sleeping"

I'm afraid not. I simply gave up in the end after a lot of troubleshooting
and no responses from Spotify Support. I wake it with my phone and then use
my desktop to control the music afterwards.

Hello,

You need to permit Spotify to wake PS4 from the sleep mode. Most easy way is to go into Spotify App on PS4, select profile and go into "Power - on Settings". Select the device you want to grant permission to wake up PS4.
If device is not in the list follow the instrucitons on the bottome of the screen.

Hope this helps!

//S

Yes that is already done. You still can only wake from mobile phone

Is it normal song you are trying to transfer or podcast?

As csdozier said, I've already allowed my computer to wake my PS4 from the PS4 app.

I am attempting to stream a normal Spotify song, no podcast. But I don't think that has anything to do with waking my computer from the device list (it doesn't ask for the source material when you click to wake up)

Suggested posts