Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Walkman able Spotify divice

Walkman able Spotify divice

Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to use spotify or the songs I have on spotify on a portable divice like a Walkman/MP3 player. (not an speaker)

I know about "Mighty" but that thing has no display. I would like that, or something like that could play my songs by being connected or offline on a device.

Offline when I'm on the move. 

I just want the ability not to have use my phone as an Walkman.

What options do I have next to "Mighty"?

2 Replies

Hello @DJFSB1. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Being able to use offline tracks on other devices would be awesome, but isn't something that's easily supported on all devices. Due to the way content is protected, your Walkman or MP3 player would need to run the Spotify mobile app in order to properly download tracks for awesome offline listening. However, I have a suggestion that might work.

What I do is carry around 2 phones - well, one is actually just an old phone that I only use for media playback, almost like an old iPod Classic, if you will. My main phone has current stuff I'm listening to saved for offline use, while the older phone holds everything else I might need for a spontaneous rave party with friends on a Friday night.

It's not ideal, since I too still have an old iPod Classic I'd love to use with Spotify and other streaming music providers, but that day has not come yet. If there's anything else I can help with, just ask, and keep on rockin'!

A second phone to be used for music isn't really solving it for me.

My phone a Galaxy j7 2016 works great for music, a other phone isn't giving me that extra umpf that a specially made music player would bring in sound quality for example.

Suggested posts