Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

10GB bandwidth per month

Solved!

10GB bandwidth per month

Hey guys. I'll need to get mobile broadband quite soon (actually today). I'm thinking of getting 10GB of bandwidth per month as this should be enough for frequent usage of Internet every month, at least by my understanding.

My concern now is that I am using Spotify everyday during all work hours. As you might understand that will cost me quite a lot of bandwidth. I read here the average user who uses Spotify 70 minutes per day equals 84 megabytes per day. As I'm using Spotify for 7+ hours per day (lets count high) that means ~7*84=588 megabytes per day for me. In a month that is 17640 megabyte, aka 17+ GB.

As you understand I'll be exceeding the bandwidth usage by far only using Spotify. I'd appreciate if someone checked my calculations and really made sure I'm converting it right, but I do think my conversions are right, but please do anyway if you got time.

What can I do to solve this? The only idea I can think off is getting Premium and being able to play offline playlists in offline mode. I could use someones unlimited bandwidth for a few hours to download all the playlists I want to be able to play offline and then go on my mobile broadband and use Spotify offline to use no bandwidth for Spotify (or very little). Would this work?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Your calculations are correct (approximately). That amount of listening would definately exceed 10gb/month.

The solution would be to get a premium subscription, and sync the songs you want to listen to, then to make sure you won't use the data, click on the file drop down menu and enable offline mode.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Your calculations are correct (approximately). That amount of listening would definately exceed 10gb/month.

The solution would be to get a premium subscription, and sync the songs you want to listen to, then to make sure you won't use the data, click on the file drop down menu and enable offline mode.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Alright. I just got Premium and started to download the tracks.

Thank you!

Anthony is right, Offline mode might be the perfect solution for you. You can read more about it here.

When you don't want to use Spotify online, make sure to switch it offline. Just to make sure.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yeah, I got it. Maybe I can make offline mode default somehow otherwise I'll forget it.

Suggested posts