Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A few questions regarding Discover Weekly

Solved!

A few questions regarding Discover Weekly

1. Does saving a song to your library or adding it to a playlist count as a like?

2. Do you need to play a song in full for Discover Weekly to count it as a like?

3. Does private session prevent Discover Weekly from counting something as a like or dislike?

4. Does skipping a song count as a dislike?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @fighuas. Here is what I know

1. Does saving a song to your library or adding it to a playlist count as a like?

Yes it does. There are no official information on how much weight each one has but they influence the algorithm for sure

2. Do you need to play a song in full for Discover Weekly to count it as a like?

There is no info about this. Spotify count the song as played if you listen at least 30 seconds of it (it pays artists based on that). I assume it's the same for Discover Weekly

3. Does private session prevent Discover Weekly from counting something as a like or dislike?

Yes it does. It is stated by offical staff on several occasions.

Yes it does, as long as no more than few seconds are passed.

Here is a great article on Discover Weekly - https://qz.com/571007/the-magic-that-makes-spotifys-discover-weekly-playlists-so-darn-good/. It's kind of long, but explains a lot about it.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @fighuas. Here is what I know

Yes it does. There are no official information on how much weight each one has but they influence the algorithm for sure

There is no info about this. Spotify count the song as played if you listen at least 30 seconds of it (it pays artists based on that). I assume it's the same for Discover Weekly

Yes it does. It is stated by offical staff on several occasions.

Yes it does, as long as no more than few seconds are passed.

Here is a great article on Discover Weekly - https://qz.com/571007/the-magic-that-makes-spotifys-discover-weekly-playlists-so-darn-good/. It's kind of long, but explains a lot about it.

Hope that helps

Thanks!

Suggested posts