Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[ALL] Bug Report for Artist Morning Glory

[ALL] Bug Report for Artist Morning Glory

I attempted to post or reply in the Bugs board but seemed unable.

I'm making this post because I didn't know where else to report this.

There are two different artists by the same name. Not sure what Spotify can do to fix this, but I couldn't find any other information or posts about what I've found.

Basically, Morning Glory is both an American punk artist and a completely separate artist from Japan that plays energetic music and covers other tracks.

These two artists are definitely not the same and I wanted it to at least be put out there that was the case currently and see if there was anyway to fix this or if it is a limitation to the currently iteration of Spotify's database since this happens on all platforms, it appears.

Let me know if you would like more information. I like the Japanese artist a lot and would like to see them get their own space, honestly.

2 Replies

You can report some metadata issues like these over on this community topic and the Spotify team will take it from there:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Want-to-help-report-metadata-errors-Post-...

This issue is rooted a little deeper than just multiple artists on the same page. Spotify currently does not have a way in the clients to automatically separate artists with the same name, meaning anytime this happens the artists get merged onto a single page. There is a discussion about it over on the Ideas Exchange here.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks!

Suggested posts