Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Spotify Radio to SONOS, please!

Solved!

Add Spotify Radio to SONOS, please!

Spotify, please provide SONOS with the ability to support Spotify Radio. 

From the SONOS community:

John M, an employee of Sonos, replied to Add Spotify radios to Sonos !!!, an idea about Sonos.

Thank you everyone for the responses and feedback. Please let me assure you that this item is still under consideration by Sonos and that we are committed to providing a world-class Spotify experience on Sonos.

Spotify Radio was originally introduced as a Spotify App on the desktop Spotify client before being made available to the mobile app versions. Spotify Apps are small applications written within the Spotify platform and are not made available to third-party platforms like Sonos at this time. Spotify does not yet provide us with the ability to support Spotify Radio. We understand that this is a top feature request from the Sonos-Spotify community and are in discussions with Spotify on possible future implementation.

If you feel strongly about the Spotify Radio feature on Sonos, be sure to add your comments to the Spotify community, in addition to this topic here. Like Sonos, Spotify is a company that greatly values the opinions and feedback of their user community. 

177 Replies

I am unable to find any correspondence that assures me that Spotify Radio will be useable on my Sonos system, so I will be cancelling my Spotiy Premium trial and returning to Pandora.  I was really hoping that Spotify would enhance my listening experience with my Sonos system but alas it is not to be.

Hopefully Sonos/Spotify will send updates should this problem ever be resolved.

I too just cancelled my Premium subscription. I was holding out until the radio feature worked, but it doesn't appear it will ever happen. It seems like such a miss on both Spotify and Sono's part.

spotify is very good, i subscribe to the premium service - but i have a big investment in sonos and that is how i enjoy most music.  spotify radio is a great way to find new music but it doesn't work with sonos.  I've started trying out other music services like iheartradio - I will move to another streaming service and cancel my premium account when I find one that has a radio feature as well as the premium on-demand listening and music selection of spotify.

Please add Spotify radio to Sonos. Are you not seeing all of the posts from your customers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes please add Spotify Radio to Sonos

Please add my name to the list of people who would love to access Spotify Radio to Sonos! I was so disappointed to see that this is not currently possible. We listen to Pandora throughout the house on our Sonos system - but we much prefer Spotify. Please bring Spotify radio to Sonos!

Agreed. One of my main reasons for going recently buying sonos was to make use of spotify radio..... if other music services offer this on sonos I will move.

Agreed. I'm trying to justify hanging on to Spotify Premium but, without this feature, it's difficult. Spotify's lack of responsiveness smacks of arrogance too.

Please add Spotify radio feature to Sonos controller - this is the best feature of all

In the 6 weeks I have had spotify, I have told (no doubt bored) everyone with how I am discovering new/old music through spotify radio. Recently looked at all the wireless options available and purchased the full Sonos "monty" ( don't tell the wife how much this cost). This costs about £1500 ( criminal I know,but I blame spotify radio for making me fall in love with music again ) now I find out that I can't play spotify radio on Sonos. Whatever the wrongs and rights if who is to blame, consumers just want solutions ( and in many cases are prepared to pay ) in my car it's £10/ month vs £ 1500 expenditure ie 150 months - I think I will go elsewhere - sort it out between you - be consumer friendly - do the right thing

For those of you who recently bought your SONOS gear and then realized you couldn't use the Radio funtion, I feel for you.

Luckily, SONOS has you covered with Google Play -- free for six months, to see if you like it better.  No, I don't want to leave the Spotify platform, either.  Heck, Spotify is why I went down the SONOS path!

Maybe after your free six months, Spotify radio will be available on SONOS.  I sure as heck hope so!

Please add Spotify radio to Sonos

Just realized that this is not built in, shame on Sonos and Spotify for not fixing this. I just signed back up for premium with Spotify, this might be a deal breaker for me. Cheaper to find another service than replacing all my Sonos equipment.

Yes, I was surprised, too.  

Luckily, if you just bought any new Sonos gear in recent history, there is still time to get in on the free deal with Google music that includes radio functionality on Sonos.  Either way, even when not free, it is surprisingly good -- and demonstrates that Spotify *could* allow/enable radio funcitonality on Sonos.

The barrier?  Spotify wants to charge a licesning fee to Sonos, for Spotify Connect.  So Spotify is holding us hostage.

Adding my support to this thread as well. I'd love to be able to stream Spotify Radio to Sonos, it seems that this feature has been missing for almost two years now, and it's the most requested feature on the forums. Anyone know what the update is? 

No new updates.  No progress.  Spotify does not want to use the Sonos free API.  Spotify want Sonos to pay to get Connect certified.  Unlike the other services available on Sonos.

Hopefully, Spotify changes their mind and makes radio available on Sonos.  

For now, there are good alternatives, that have the feature enabled, on Sonos.

Cancelling my paid subscription to Spotify. I tried out Rdio and it has the options to create and utilize the station feature from Rdio on Sonos. So disappointed in Spotify.

I am contemplating the same, just signed up for Rdio to check it out. Shame. 

I am gobsmacked by the lack of interest from spotify, specially when the premium accounts come at a cost AND when other stream services are offering it.  They are probably thinking it will force people to abandon SONOS, problem is, once you have invested in sonos hardware, just getting rid isnt an option. 

I guess like many others i need to start thinking about cancelling my premium account.  

is Rdio available in the UK? any other options? Any advise, would be appreciated.....

Thanks

I decided to try Google Play Music.  Pretty impressive so far.  High quality encodes, all the albums one wants, radio function enabled by Google on SONOS.

Suggested posts