Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adidas ASMR ad - please remove

Adidas ASMR ad - please remove

ASMR is a thing that either people love or hate - and I am 100% the latter. I cant stand it, and Adidas new ad is the most uncomfortable thing I have heard in years! 

Can you Spotify NOT have ASMR ads? I have never been this close to switching service as I am now. Thought I was going to throw off my headset in the subway this morning when I first heard the ad.

Free User

Device: Samsung Galaxy s7
Version: 8.5.78.909

9 Replies

Hey @moshpitgrimreap,

Thank you for your post and for your feedback.

Would you mind letting us know the following:

• Version of the Spotify App on all devices this occurs on (Please specify the exact version and do not write "the latest/most recent") 
  • Is it a visual or audio ad?
  • The date/dates you heard the advert 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Have already given version and device but I can do so again.

Free User

Device: Samsung Galaxy s7
Version: 8.5.78.909 and 8.5.81.991
Its both a visual and audio ad.
Since about 14th of October. The latest as of 23th of October.

Hey again @moshpitgrimreap,

Thank you for your reply and for the information you've provided.

Can you also let us know your operate system on your Samsung Galaxy s7?

When you write - Version: 8.5.78.909 and 8.5.81.991 - does this occur on two different devices with two different versions?

Once we have that information we'll pass it on to the right team.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Hi!

This ad is also killing me and I'm pretty close never ever buying any Adidas products in my life and also stop using Spotify. Also, a big part of my friends hates this ASMR add, and feel the same way about it as me.  Would it be possible to have the option to never listen to ASMR adverts again, not just this one?

I mostly encounter the ad while using my desktop computer with the following details:

Operation system: MacOs Catalina  10.15.6

Spotify version: 1.1.44.538.g8057de92

I mostly get the visual ad, but I think had the pure audio as well few times.

Last time it happened 10 minutes ago.

For completeness I also post the details of my phone:

Operating system: ColorOs 6  (Android 9)

Spotify version: 8.5.81.991

Hey there @szistvan87,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

We've now passed on the information and feedback to the right team.

Cheers 🙂

JeremyModerator

The ASMR ads make me nauseous and that is not pleasant when all I want to do is listen to good music. The ads are annoying in the extreme. Please give an accommodation for those of us who are sincerely bothered by these types of ads. This should be considered similar to your ADA accommodations.

I have raised the issue of the ASMR ads yet again.  It does not appear to be much of a concern to any but a few and since it has been over 2 years since it was referred to the admins I can only assume Spotify does not see this as a significant enough of an issue to address for the people who are negatively affected by these kinds of ads.  Much like any other accommodation for a disability under the US ADA, or even with consideration of Diversity and Inclusion, it is not being taken as a sincere issue.

Can we just stop it with all the asmr ads it makes me so terribly uncomfortable and I genuinely am so close to not using spotify again

It is painfully obvious Spotify does NOT care about about something as simple as a polite warning an ASMR ad is about to be streamed even when the use is known to be a problem for many listeners.  I am reaching out to the ADA since ASMR ads ARE recognised as a concern and a simple accommodation would be easy enough to achieve.  Easier still would be allowing users to opt-out of ASMR content entirely.  I am NOT objecting to ads - I have no problems at all with Spotify monetising my listening time - but the abject refusal to acknowledge or address these ads is more than concerning.

Suggested posts