Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android version 12 (snowcone)

My Question or Issue

Is it possible to customize the amount of time that you can skip forward or backward in a podcast? Looks like the default is set to skip 15 seconds in both directions when the next track button is pushed. I'd love to change it to 30 seconds forward and 10 seconds backward. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello how are you? Unfortunately, this function of choosing the time to skip doesn't exist yet, but you can speed up the audio in the parts you don't want to hear.

20220609_181554.jpg

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello how are you? Unfortunately, this function of choosing the time to skip doesn't exist yet, but you can speed up the audio in the parts you don't want to hear.

20220609_181554.jpg

PLEASE Spotify allow a 30 sec skip!  15 sec skip is way too short to get past the many ads.  Just about every podcast app allows a 30 sec skip.

Or is that the reason why you won't implement it is because you want us to hear the ads?

Please do not mark this as a solution, this is not a solution. Pushing the 15 second button forward is much quicker than fast forwarding.

Other podcast apps have this customization The fact that Spotify does not incorporate this is laughable. I expect better from a premium service

**bleep** agree that skipping 30 sec forward / 15 sec backward would be ideal. That's how I had Stitcher setup.

This is not solved, lazy solution.

I’m really surprised to find out that the skip interval cannot be changed. This is 2023; Apple Podcasts have allowed this to be customised forever!

Hitting the '15' button over and over and over again is so tedious.

This isn’t a solution and should not be mark as one. 

Not a solution at all, we all agree we need a personalised customization of the time gap, 15, 30, even 2 seconds in some transcription works for exemple would be great and it is so simple to implement that a refusal is a lack of consideration for users.

I've posted an "idea" to encourage this to be fixed. If you have this issue, please upvote here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Adjustable-Podcast-Skip-Time/idi-p/5832984

Suggested posts