Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album cover is tiny and the background is no longer a gradient

Album cover is tiny and the background is no longer a gradient

I am on a Roku TV and recently I had to redownload Spotify because it wouldn’t open. After redownloading, I noticed that during the “Now Playing” the album art has shrunk and there is no longer a gradient background matching the album cover. I dislike it a lot. The basic gradient was enough to give it some colour but the weird background throw off the balance. Plus, the album art is extremely tiny.
1 Reply

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

In some cases, when you play a song in full screen mode or from a TV, the background could be different if the artist has updated a Banner to their profile page. This makes the artwork smaller to be focused on the background. To verify if it's banner-related, could you check if this happens with all the songs you play or if it's from a specific artist?

Also, if the issue persists with all the artists, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts