Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album was on Spotify and now is not.

Solved!

Album was on Spotify and now is not.

Just wondering why Gogol Bordello's album Trans-Continental Hustle was removed from spotify. All of their albums are there apart from this one and it used to be there. Anybody know whats up with that or if it will be back at any point? Sucks, I really liked that album.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Please note that for Spotify to have music on their servers; they require the permissions from the record label. The chances are that the record label have taken the permissions from Spotify, which means that Spotify can't have the music. Spotify make everything they have available to us, so hopefully it will appear again soon! It might be fixing metadata at which point it will appear again soon.

You can also check out the Music FAQ which has some more information.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Please note that for Spotify to have music on their servers; they require the permissions from the record label. The chances are that the record label have taken the permissions from Spotify, which means that Spotify can't have the music. Spotify make everything they have available to us, so hopefully it will appear again soon! It might be fixing metadata at which point it will appear again soon.

You can also check out the Music FAQ which has some more information.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hey,

Thanks for the reply 🙂 Yea i hope it gets added again soon, it's my favourite Gogol album QQ. Also, cant help it but that pic looks alot Silencer from Dota lol. Silence in a music forum? 😛

I noticed the album is still there just not playable to me so it's hidden. Try searching on Google for it. Looks like the license is only valid for some countries

Hey @Burninatohrz,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

@Taylor is right that licensing agreements with record labels and artists are one of the various reasons why content availability might change over time. 
Our aim at Spotify is to bring all the world's music under one roof, so you guys can feel right at home here. We're sure that one day we'll get there 🙂 So just because something is not available right now, doesn't mean it won't be (back) in the future. 

@Starmaniac unavailable content doesn't disappear straight away, it might be displayed exactly as grayed out. Something that might come in handy is this site, it helps you check album availability across different markets. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have an awesome day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been hunting for this too, my all time favourite Gogol Bordello album. Sad it's still not available 7 years after your question ☹️

Suggested posts