Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums disappear in web player (ChromeOS)

Albums disappear in web player (ChromeOS)

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Google Pixelbook

Operating System

ChromeOS

My Question or Issue

In the web player, if I search for an artist (e.g. Elliott Smith), click on the artist, go to their list of albums, click on an album, and then click the back button (Spotify's back button, not the browser's back button), then the album has disappeared from the artist's album list. Clicking on a second album then clicking back makes that one disappear too. And so on...

Sometimes I get the "something went wrong" dialog when doing this and the web client reloads.

This issue appears identical to an issue reported back in 2018:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Albums-Disappear-in-Web-Player/m-p/44...

10 Replies

More information: I just tried this exact UI flow on the latest version of Chrome on Windows 10 using the same Spotify account, and the problem does not occur. It seems this issue may be specific to ChromeOS.

I also cleared cookies on ChromeOS, and tried again. It didn't make any difference.

I have the exact same issue.

Really frustrating and a bizarre issue.

Hey @digforvictory,

Would you mind confirming if what you reported keeps happening even after double-checking you're on the latest version of Chrome and (if needed) updating?

Let us know how you get on. We'll keep an eye on your reply! 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have just confirmed again that the bug still occurs. My Chrome version is "Version 79.0.3945.123 (Official Build) (64-bit)". I checked for updates, and there are none available. According to Google's Chrome release blog, this is the latest stable version released by Google so far, as described in:

https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2020/01/stable-channel-update-for-chrome-os_22.html

I am also having this issue on Version 80.0.3987.89 (Official Build) beta (64-bit), the latest beta version.

Same here. It's been like this for a couple of weeks now

I have the same issue, and have had it for a few weeks already.

Today I also noticed that a new single a band had just released does appear on their artist page but I managed to find it by using the Search tab. Same with the albums, the disappeared albums could still be found using Search.

Hi

Thanks for the response, I checked for updates available and there were none so I believe I'm on the latest version.

thanks

Started happening for me in the Spotify downloaded program after the awful redesign update in 2021

Hey there @

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend you share this feedback in the New Your Library feedback thread. This way it will get directly to the development team. Since the new update of the mobile app is fairly recent there are still some issues present, which will hopefully get fixed in the upcoming updates.

What you can try at the moment is to run a clean reinstall of the app following the steps provided here.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts