Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alexa Cannot find followed Playlists

Alexa Cannot find followed Playlists

Hello,
I have the following issue with Alexa <--> Sptify integration.
I have setup Alexa with its own account ( to simplify sharing playlists), and have added my Alexa e-mail account to my Family plan.
In my Sportify client for Alexa, I am following the Playlists from everyone in the family.
So everything was working fine, and we could ask Alexa to play any of playlists it was following. 
But about 2 weeks ago, Alexa stop finding any of the Playlists is following, even tough they show up in the Spotify Client Playlists.
If I switch profiles in Alexa, to my own profile, and ask to play the same playlist, it works. It only does not work if the playlist is one of the followed playlists.

4 Replies

Any luck with this? I have the exact same problem.

I created a "home spotify" which is connected to my new Sonos one. From the home i follow playlists i have created, and my wifes account also. It finds playlist i have created/followed but not my wifes!?

All fall under one premium family plan. Im so confused

Unfortunatelly still not working for me, and no update from Spotify team. frustrating...

Frustrating, only other person is you that i can see has the exact same issue. A lot of others have it on their own playlists.

Someone please help! i have reached out to Sonos who say it's a spotify/Amazon issue so now speaking with Spotify who generally are very quick in responses. It just makes no sense.

Could it have something to do with fact the one spotify account of the 3 which are therefore playing is the one that the premium family payment is linked too? All the others classed as premium though, just under that

This used to work for me, a long time ago (first time I setup Alexa), then stop working, and never came back... I do not see any reason to not be able to play a list I am following...

Suggested posts