I have spotify linked to an echo dot and everything worked fine the past years. Since a couple of weeks spotify stopped working.
When I say "Alexa play spotify" it returns with "to play spotify enable the skill and link your account".
What I tried so far:
1) disable and re-enable the skill in alexa app
2) logged in on spotify and deleted "alexa" from the apps, then disabled and re-enabled the skill in alexa app + account linking
3) deleted "alexa" app in spotify account, disabled spotify skill in alexa app, uninstallled alexa app, rebooted phone, installed alexa app, factory reset echo dot, configured echo dot again and enabled spotify skill
4) same as 3 but on other smartphone
5) same as 3 but with spotify account of my wife instead of mine
Solved! Go to Solution.