Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alexa Skill India

Alexa Skill India

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Issue: 

Since spotify officially launched in India, please enable the skill to be used in India. 

It doesn't need much work as no translation would be required either. 

37 Replies

Any updates on this?

Eight months later...

It's 2020, a new year and a new decade, but Spotify still isn't integrated with Amazon Echo in India.

Maybe your Indian customers have to shift to the USA or UK, or maybe just cancel our Spotify subscriptions and move to a music streaming service that doesn't treat Indian people like second-class citizens. 

Agree. Wonโ€™t be renewing my subscription when it expires. 

How lazy are you guys?? 

It's been more than 8 months since the topic was raised and not yet have you guys enabled Spotify on Alexa in India! This is disgusting many Indians have your Spotify Premium Subscription under the promises that quality services will be provided!

There aren't many songs available in India already! What are we actually paying your stupid asses for? 

Hey guys i m a all time spotify user and want my alexa to play my playlists. Please guys enable it for india i have been waiting since a year or so why is it taking such long.

It's been 8 months, any update?
How long will this take anyway, unless amazon doesn't want your service on Echo, it should've arrived long back..

http://chng.it/h9NpqQGHFf

Please sign this, it's ridiculous that Spotify is doing this

It's March 2020 now.  I pay Rs 119.00 per month. Google music is Rs 99 per month, and Amazon music is.. free!

And yet, no response from the team. It's as if like they are taunting us, "Hey, look at those poor, cheap Indians thinking they got a premium service by paying more :D".

And they had the balls to call us cheap when they tried to launch.

There are about 30% fewer songs than Google music for sure, and the only reason to use it is the recommendations. Given that that's free anyway, I'm not missing out on anything by canceling the subscription, am I?

I'll wait till the end of this month, after that I'll remove my subscription, just post this to Twitter and Facebook and let social media take it's course.

It's been more than a 8 months now. Still they are working on this

The problem is they think that it's launched.
Whenever you ask the support- what is the status?  their reply is- skill is already launched in India.
and then once you give them a proof -> no, then they say, we can't commit.
I think they might act faster/ listen if we spam them with DM/Tweets .

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 11.06.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 11.07.09 PM.png

I said I'll leave. I left. 
I don't think they **bleep** about customer retention. I did not even get a feedback form, just a simple why do you want to leave?
Options:

- Like amazon/google better

- Pricing high

and a few other such. NO mention of "our features suck". Like, the overconfidence on here is dumbfounding.

As response to complacency to integrate with Alexa, I hereby opt out of premium.

Now the painstaking task of migrating playlist to Apple Music. Probably will delete account after migration.

Thank you Spotify

Regards,

Anuj Dubey

Bump to this thread. Please prioritize this. 

I am considering shifting from apple music to spotify, and this is a key requirement. 

Already subscribed to premium, only to realize that this isn't place. 

Wow. This should not take so much time. Really says a lot about what you really feel about the indian market to be honest.

Dissapointed. 

393 days ago you said "We're working on getting Alexa to work in India".

What is it about your Premium Indian customers that you don't like?

We can use Apple Music on Alexa, but I would like to use my Spotify Premium account.

Is this an insurmountable problem that only affects India, or is it that you think Indian Customers Don't Matter?

Please reply.

The wait is over!!!! Spotify is now supported in India on Alexa!!! Thanks spotify!!!

It is done now!!

DF064D95-FC31-41EB-8B9C-B4F8E33BE9C4.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Suggested posts