Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
My Question or Issue
I've been using my Echo with Spotify Premium for 4 years + and really happy with it. But starting from 3 days ago, Alexa can't search songs or playlist on Spotify anymore.
Account link, skill, and device seems ok. Is there anything change at Spotify that prevent Alexa to search for songs on Spotify recently?
From my testing:
- When I ask 'Play Ed Sheeran from Spotify' Alexa replies 'I can't find songs by Ed Sheeran from Spotify'
- When I ask 'Play Acoustic from Spotify' Alexa replies 'I couldn't find Acoustic songs from Spotify'
- When I ask 'Play favorite playlist from Spotify' Alexa replies 'I can't find the playlist favorite from Spotify'
- But when I ask 'Play my liked songs' Alexa can play song that I liked and saved in my library from Spotify app properly
- I can still able to open Spotify app and select my Echo as device and stream music
What I've tried:
- Remove Spotify and Alexa app then re-install
- Contact Amazon support but they couldn't find any problem on my Echo/account
- Restart router and Echo
- Check my location for content setting in Amazon account, it is USA
- Remove Spotify skill (unlink account) then install skill (link account) again
- Deactivate Echo and remove from my Amazon account then set it up again