Alexa devices have disappeared from Spotify

Plan

Premium Duo

Country UK

Device

Samsung A71, Samsung A12

Operating System

Android

I recently upgraded my single Premium account to a Duo Premium account with my son (previously on a free account). Soon after the account changed over, all our Alexa devices disappeared from our Spotify accounts on our phones. The only devices visible now are Smart TVs. Have uninstalled both the Alexa and Spotify apps, then reinstalled and reconnected them to each other again but still no Alexa devices visible. Spotify will play on Smart TV and in the car, but if I can't get the Alexas back on our phones then I will likely cancel my Spotify account if we can't use it fully. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

3 Replies

Hey there @CathMrsG!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Can you try restarting your router to see if that makes a difference for you? Are you able to play Spotify using voice commands?

We'd also recommend giving this a try on a different network, for example you can start a hotspot of your phone and use that network.

Lastly, it's a good idea to double check that you have linked the correct Spotify account to your Alexa profile. You can check the email address and username on your Premium account on this page.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had the same thing happen.  After removing Spotify from Alexa and re-adding it, deleting Spotify and reinstalling I can get the Alexa devices to show on only one phone at a time when I touch the device symbol when the music is playing but only on one phone at a time.  I

have spent hours messaging with 3 different agents on Spotify to no avail.  It is incredibly frustrating!

Hey @Kristy47,

Thanks for reaching out.

As a next step in troubleshooting this issue, can you please confirm that all devices are connected to the same WiFI network? If yes, please try using a hotspot as suggested by @Elena above.

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts