Family

Country

Netherlands

Device

Sonos beam (alexa)

Operating System

Alexa

My Question or Issue

I own a Sonos beam for a few months and using Alexa for controlling Spotify on my beam. This worked awesome. However recently I switched from Spotify premium (via the Dutch telecom provider KPN) to Spotify family and currently when I ask Alexa to play some music it reports that it is currently not available in my region. If I play Spotify on my beam (using the Sonos or Spotify app) I can still ask Alexa what is currently playing or ask to play the next song. Only asking Alexa to play something via Spotify is not working.

Is this because I have Family now?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out here and reporting this in the Community!

It looks like the feature has been withdrawn in your country. You can read more about this here.

If you've already tried basic troubleshooting such as updating both apps and re-linking your accounts, we'd suggest to get in touch with the Amazon customer support.

As a workaround, you could try changing your country setting for the Alexa device, following the steps here.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout, if there's anything else you need help with.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

22 Replies

I'm experiencing the same with Spotify Family.

Spotify used to work perfectly fine on my Echo Dot 3 (in the Netherlands)  but since a few days Alexa keeps reporting Spotify is not available in my region.

I have the same issue. I live in The Netherlands and asked Alexa to play one of my Spotify playlists and she now says it’s not available in my region??  What’s going on Spotify. I also have a family subscription. 

Having the same issue with a new Echo Dot. 

Also a KPN Spotify Premium account.

I've checked my location/address on Amazon's account page.

So you are saying you have the same issues without a family subscription?

Yes, I do have a premium subscription. Not a family subscription.

It is a partner subscription via a Dutch ISP called KPN.

Schermafbeelding 2020-03-08 om 15.39.28.png

Yeah I had that also before the family subscription, but that worked. Thought it was because of the family subscription, but apparently it is now maybe for every (paid) subscription?
can spotify assist us?

I am also encountering these same issue. I have the Echo Dot 3 and Echo Show and since a couple of weeks ago, The Spotify has been acting up in regards to voice commands. Every time I ask it to play Spotify it will reply with that same sentence. However via the Spotify app I am able to stream my music through my echo speakers.

Fyi I have just Spotify Premium account.

Trusting that Amazon and Spotify can fix this issue asap

I have the same problem. Premium account (not family plan) with the first gen. Echo in The Netherlands.

I have the same. Also from the Nederlands.
I have a student premium account, but in my opinion that shouldn't matter.
"Spotify is not currently available in your region". That's all I hear when I voice command her to spotify. And yes my settings are correct to my living area
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out here and reporting this in the Community!

It looks like the feature has been withdrawn in your country. You can read more about this here.

If you've already tried basic troubleshooting such as updating both apps and re-linking your accounts, we'd suggest to get in touch with the Amazon customer support.

As a workaround, you could try changing your country setting for the Alexa device, following the steps here.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout, if there's anything else you need help with.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Xenia,
Thanks for helping me! I've changed the country in Amazon to the UK and it works again. Maybe this problem occurred, because Amazon opened a new shop in the Netherlands and my settings were changed to the Netherlands.

Thanks for your reply and solution. Looks like they've fixed the problem now and that spotify is working normally again even with address/region set to The Netherlands. 

Still experiencing this problem when my address is in The Netherlands.

Not looking forward to changing my address since this will impact my content on my Kindle and the Amazon store, right?

Solution worked, but it was hard to find the right page. 

In The Netherlands the account changed to amazon.nl with the outroll of the Dutch shop. So if you don't see the settings after going to "your content and devices" you have change the url into amazon.nl although you think you have an account on .co.uk or .com. When you see "Country/Region Settings" in an orange heading you've found it! I had to fill out a fake adres in de US to get it to work. Which i'm not really pleased with..

----- nederlands

Bij mij werkte het niet meer nadat de nl shop live ging. Mijn account stond daarvoor op .co.uk maar was veranderd naar nl. Daardoor werd het verwarrend om die pagina te vinden waar je de lokatie settings kan aanpassen. Ik moest dus in de Nederlandse shop zitten (amazon.nl) om de via account bij de juiste pagina te komen waar je inderdaad je regio kan aanpassen. Heb helaas een fake adres ingevuld.

I'm from Argentina and am facing the same problem in this thread. Unfortunately, your solutions doesn't work.

What's wrong with my Spotify Premiun account?

Dear all,

We have the same issue in Belgium. We have 3 echo dot with a Spotify family account. Like you, the service is not available in our region since one month.

I contact Amazon and they are aware about the problem. It was two weeks ago. Nothing change. What can I do? And the end, it's very annoying and I have the very felling that I'm invited to gently move to Amazon unlimited. 🤐 Please we need some help from Spotify.

Best regards

Once you purchase something on amazon in your own country. The account changes to your own country and the connection is gone. So my solution was to change it back to a country that supports Spotify like USA.

Maybe you can add an Address here? https://www.amazon.nl/a/addresses

@damien_bra

For french speaking belgian people

go to this adress: https://www.amazon.fr/mn/dcw/myx.html/ref=kinw_myk_redirect#/home/settings/payment

Set your contry to France, (by putting a false address) and it's done 🙂 Alexa is working again with Spotify 

Amazon does not officially supply Switzerland. Nevertheless, Swiss people have so far been able to buy Alexa devices from Amazon without any problems and use them without restriction.

In order to be able to use the devices, the Swiss had to download the corresponding Alexa app from the Appstore Germany or the USA, as it was not available in the Swiss App Store and then all functions could be used without any problems.

I have been using Alexa from Amazon to listen to Spotify for two years. With Spotify there are no restrictions regarding Switzerland.

A few weeks ago, Amazon blocked the use of Spotify on all Alexa devices for Swiss overnight.

Amazon's note: "Spotify is currently not available for your region". However, this is not correct on request from Spotify. Spotify does not help, but refers affected Swiss people to Amazon support.

Amazon doesn't offer any help either. On the Amazon Help page, there are many Swiss people who complain about this shutdown.

Swiss Spotify fans pay for the music service and are abandoned by Spotify when solving the problem.

Amazon and Spotify no longer take your customers' concerns seriously. That's why I count on the support of the community. Thanks in advance...

Suggested posts