Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Very offensive ads!!

[All Platforms][Other] Very offensive ads!!

People have posted before about annoying ads, and a lot of people posted about that condom ad, but I've yet to see someone say something about that ad about rape.
It's an important issue, but some people don't want to hear about that. Rape victims, especially those suffering PTSD from the experience, DO NOT need the constant reminder. Let us block ads we don't want to listen to, or stop posting offensive ads. I know you want people to buy premium, but this isn't the way to go around it. I'm more likely to delete the app all together than I am to pay for it if you're using tactics like that. IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!
3 Replies

Hey @leekrissmith! Welcome to the community!

That's not alright! Your feedback has been passed on to the right folks. Let me know when anything else pops up.

Take care!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @leekrissmith!

Really sorry about the advertisement. The team has a few questions about it. If you are able to, could you send a screenshot of the ad? Also, what country are you located right now?

Thanks for your patience. Take care.

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

TW: I’m talking about my own mental health in reference to s*cide. 

Ikr. I’ve recently been being triggered by some of ads about locking guns. It’s specifically the version where they not only talk about suicide, but proceed to have a gunshot near the end (very clearly insinuating that someone just killed themselves). I used to use Spotify to help me calm down in high stress situations, but with recent issues… I’m terrified to use it for that. I have a severe mental disorder and if that ad comes up at the wrong moment… I don’t know if I wouldn’t hurt myself. It makes me feel sick, because the ad is trying to advocate for people to put locks on their guns to dissuade from suicide — and I agree with the message. However, the delivery just goes too far. As a general rule, any depiction of suicide, rape, etc… should never be in an ad. Depiction includes audio and visual. 

TDLR: There’s a triggering ad with an audible depiction of suicide.

Not cool, Spotify. Get it together.

Suggested posts