Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Always the same elements are shown in main menu (start menu is frozen)

Always the same elements are shown in main menu (start menu is frozen)

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Diverse devices

Operating System

Diverse operating systems

My Question or Issue

For at least a month always the same artists and playlists are recommended in my main menu (start menu). So always I see "More like chillax", "More like Tash Sultana", "Concentration", "Rock". I didn't listen to Tash Sultana or chillax for at least a couple of weeks, but it's still recommended and I don't see anything other than that, this seems to be broken. It is the same on every device: MacBook, iPad, Android phone... Same options are shown in start menu.

Does anyone experience something like this? The 6 mixtapes, my mix and release radar gets updated as it should, there are new songs, but this main menu freeze is very annoing!

4 Replies

Hey @Jendk3r! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

The main menu should get updated every day.

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Hey @Nico, thanks for the reply.

As I said this is the same in any Spotify app which I tested, so on iOS, Android, MacOS or Ubuntu. I even tried open.spotify.com and here it behaves the same way. It's difficult for me to reinstall open.spotify.com 😉

So the first few lines in home menu behave correctly, the first line changes from morning to afternoon, evening and night playlist, then comes next line: playlists made for me and recently played, all are updated correctly. But after it come such sections: "More like chillax", "More like Tash Sultana", "Focus", "Rock" etc. which just stay there without any updates for at least a month.

It doesn't look as it was working correctly, but maybe it's just how it works... Please correct me if I am wrong.

@Jendk3r

Sorry, my bad then.

It seems that this part of the home menu gets generated by your most listened playlists/genres. I don't think it's broken, but it should get updated more often than one a month or even longer.

I guess they will be updated after you've listened to more music. But I'm not 100% sure how that feature excactly works. ^^

Peace

Ok, let's see if it changes after some time, but it's stuck for pretty long already.

I'll come back to this topic if the menu will stay frozen.

Cheers!

Suggested posts