Amazon Alexa (Echo Dot) & Kids Account

Amazon Alexa (Echo Dot) & Kids Account

charliepinphoto
Casual Listener

Plan: Family / Free/Premium: Premium / Country: UK / Device: Amazon (Alexa) Echo Dot

My Question or Issue:

I have a family account that my wife and my 9 year old daughter use, as well as myself. My daughter has an echo dot in her bedroom and spotfiy is connected to that.

The problem is that it seems to only be able to connect to the main spotify account (ie. mine) which causes 2 issues:

1. she can access any music incl. explicit

2. the music she listens to completely messes up my account & its algorithms.

Is there any way to assign her kids account to the echo dot?

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 Replies

Elena

Hey there @charliepinphoto

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We're afraid that right now our Kids app doesn't have an integration with Alexa.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we can see how that can be a handy feature. We recommend leaving a +Vote on this idea that supports the idea to launch the Kids app for Amazon speakers.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

charliepinphoto
Casual Listener

Hi Elena

Thanks for the reply. A shame that there is no solution to this. Especially because if I am out and listening to music then my daughter decides to listen to something on the alexa then it cuts my music off. I have voted on the link but is there any way to raise the importance of this request, and have it coded and released?

Regards

Charlie

tomlynham

Is there any progress on this?  There is zero help for this issue in either Amazon or Spotify help.

Thank you.

briangw
Casual Listener
I was searching to see if there was a solution to this issue. This is ridiculous. If I'm working and my youngest daughter plays something at home on her Dot, it always pulls my account. I can't have this happen. I am going to have to convert her account to a normal one then.
SUGGESTED POSTS