Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Amazon Echo Multi-Room Music groups not appearing in Spotify Connect

Solved!

Amazon Echo Multi-Room Music groups not appearing in Spotify Connect

I have 3 Amazon Echo devices in my home, all of which individually appear in Spotify Connect. I set up a few groups through the Alexa app, one that includes all three Echos, and two more containing different combinations. However Spotify Connect will only display one group at a time.

IMG_1362.PNG

Above, only the Everywhere group containing all three Echos appears in Spotify Connect. If I switch to that group it's still the only group that appears:

IMG_1363.PNG

If I ask Alexa to switch Spotify to one of the unlisted groups, she can do that, and then only that group will appear:

IMG_1364.PNG

Is there a reason Spotify Connect will only display one speaker group at a time? I know the other groups work, as Alexa can utilize them to playback Spotify content. Is this an issue with Spotify Connect? Or is Amazon somehow to blame?

Plan Premium

Country US

Devices Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot, iPhone 8, iMac

Operating Systems Echo SW 618571520, iOS 12.0.1, macOS Mojave 10.14

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same problem in the way I fixed it was to delete the everywhere group, then re-add it. I also had to make sure all my echo devices were on the same network. And just for safe measure I re-authorize my Spotify account. This works for me

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I can confirm I have exactly the same problem over here in Germany.

Same problem here. When I create a new multiroom group in alexa I cannot see the group 😞

Any news on that? I'm having the same problem on the Windows 10 App and on Android. New Multiroomgroups are not recognized 😕

Same issue in Austria!!

The Spotify app does not recognize groups of amazon echo speakers... can only stream music independently in all speakers but not in all at the same time.

Had the same issue, and my work around on this is to send Spotify to a single Echo device and then ask "Alexa, play Spotify everywhere".

Marked as solution

I had the same problem in the way I fixed it was to delete the everywhere group, then re-add it. I also had to make sure all my echo devices were on the same network. And just for safe measure I re-authorize my Spotify account. This works for me

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I have been using multiroom groups for several months now with much success. However, at the weekend all the multiroom groups are not showing in Spotify Connect.

I have 1 Echo and 2 Echo dots. All three are showing in Spotify Connect. Within the Alexa app, I've setup various groups - an everywhere group (for all three echos) and a downstairs group (for two echos downstairs). I have no idea what happened over the weekend, but all of a sudden the two groups are not appearing. I've tried telling Alexa to rediscover devices, I've tried removing the groups and adding them back in, I've tried logging out and logging back in, but nothing works.

Anyone else have the same issue or anyone have any ideas?

Having the same problem here too.  I can switch to the various multi-room groups using the Alexa app, but only the most recently used group shows up in Spotify Connect.

Suggested posts