Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Amazon Echo "spotify is not supported on this device"

Amazon Echo "spotify is not supported on this device"

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Echo Plus, Echo Dot, Iphone, Windows 10 PC

Operating System

iOS 10,Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Alexa devices have started to say "spotify is not supported on this device" whenever I ask alexa to play music from spotify. I can however stream music from the spotify app on my phone or PC to the Echo speakers.

I have a Premium Spotify account. 

Steps I have tried already:

- Switching Amazon devices off and on again

- Disabling the Spotify skill, then re-enabling the spotify skill on the amazon apps (Both on iphone and on Desktop PC). 

-Removing access to spotify from alexa app in the spotify desktop app and re-enabling access. 

I am really stumped on this once, it was working fine a month ago before I went on an overseas holiday. Now that I'm home it isn't working. Spotify region is still set correctly to Australia (my home region)

Please help

2 Replies

Hey there @merujio,

Glad to have you on the Community! No worries, we're here to help 🙂

If this used to work for you in the past but now it doesn't, reinstalling the app is a good thing to try. Head here to read how to perform a thorough reinstall, which will also remove any corrupted data from your device and will ensure you're running the newest version at the same time.

Once reinstalled, it'd be great if you could try re-linking your accounts one more time, following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know how it goes.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the reply, but none of the solutions i tried worked. I ended up having to do a factory reset of both my amazon echo devices.

Suggested posts