Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 2

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

For the past 2-3 weeks the Android app has become increasingly glitchy and is almost unusable now. When I open it often is frozen, not allowing me to click on anything. Sometimes I am able to close and restart and it will work but still frequently freezes. It also randomly stops playing songs. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling and it has not resolved the issue. My husband has also had the same problems. I hoped that this was just a bug with new updates and would have been resolved by now, but alas, problem is getting worse rather than improving. At this point it is absolutely ridiculous.

4 Replies

Hey @ambs8261,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

In case you're using an SD card, it's a good idea to remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

We'd suggest you also deactivate any battery optimization or power saving apps for Spotify to see if anything changes.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've the same situation And.  9.0

I'm using SD Card Evo  Plus  64GB, on my die problem persists only when I set SD card in Spotify  option.  Once I'm using mobile internal  storage allow working fine.  What's interesting,  SD Card is good.  🙂

Hey @_M-I-K-I_,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

It's a good idea to give the steps mentioned in the thread a go to check if anything changes.

If possible, you can try with another SD card to see if the issue persists.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Out of nowhere Spotify has begun stopping in the middle of play on my Android 9 and Roku tv. Out. Of. Nowhere. I haven't changed anything (not battery saving above)... nothing. I get a handful of songs then nothing. Please tell me you have a known issue somewhere that can be addressed.

Have I offended y'all?

Suggested posts