Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app not scrobbling to last.fm

Android app not scrobbling to last.fm

None of my music I'm listening to on my phone is showing up on my last.fm.  When I use my computer, the scrobbles stay in my library, but when I use my phone, last.fm says it's scrobbling the track i'm playing, but when the track is over, it doesn't stay in the scrobble log.

19 Replies

I am with the same problem... Three hours ago the scrobbling was good, but now it doesn't work at all

Same. I've also been having this same problem. Wondering what's going on. 

Yep ,same problem here. It''s been happening for a couple of days now. 

I fixed it by disconnecting last.fm and spotify on the last.fm website. It's only temporary though as it keeps happening and I've lost big chunks of my recent listening history. Sad panda.

Quoted from the Spotify Scrobbling (Beta) announcement on Last.fm:

"It seems that the Beta Spotify Scrobbling feature by Last.fm is not working at the moment, staff has been informed and will be back in office today due to the UK bank holidays.

I tried enabling the internal scrobbling option in the Spotify desktop client 1.0.75 which is the latest version available in the MS Store for Windows 10 (there is a newer version 1.0.77 which some of you might already have). This works for me, so if you report problems, please specify which Spotify scrobbling method you are trying to use (beta scrobbling or internal option) on which device (desktop client, web player, Android or iOS device) and also the Spotify app version.

Also keep in mind that there is a browser extension for the web player and the official Last.fm Android app which might work for you when trying to scrobble from Spotify. Pano Scrobbler is another Android app which has been reported to be working at the moment."

The problem has fixed, I think, because the last song that I have played on Spotify is in Last.fm now, with hours of delay. Check your account and tell us if this is ok... 

Cheers

Staff has restarted the scrobbling service about three hours ago, see this reply It still may be possible that a Spotify update of the Android and desktop apps also caused their internal scrobbling options to fail.

It's still not working for me.I haven't been able to scrobble anything from my Android sinice May 4th. When on the last.fm site, it shows the current track I'm playing in the list, but it disappears from the library when I go to the next song.

I'm using Spotify Version 8.4.52.812 on a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Have you tried to enable Spotify scrobbling in your Last.fm applications settings?

Seriously? AGAIN? Come on guys. Fix it

mine's stopped working too. it stopped on the 5th, when I last updated the app. i just noticed. so 4 days worth of music all gone 😞

I'm on ver. 8.4.52.812 armV7 on htc m9

Scrobbling doesn't work on the desktop version either since tuesday. Its maybe a general problem. The track is shown on the last.fm site while playing, but it is not counted.

10th May.

Android Spotify; stopped Scrobbling on May 4th like others. Tried reinstalling spotify on mobile, no difference. Track shows up as currently scrobbling on last.fm and then disappears when the next track plays, nothing has scrobbled from my android app. Works fine from my windows Spotify though.

Just about to instll the last.fm app on android and see if that works but I'd rather not have another app to restore a feature that should be working!

EDIT: Decided to try the Spotify connect options in the last.fm account settings and a song just scrobbled from my phone, so hopefully this will work now. I didn't realise this feature exists but it's awesome to be able to scrobble from my Xbox as well!

This is what I did

Ps: Some scrobblings take 1 hour to appear on Last.fm site. Why? I don't know

Cheers

Hey, all 🙂

Last.fm team has confirmed that the internal scrobbling does not work for the newest desktop client (1.0.80) and the same goes for the newest Android app too.

I suggest connecting Last.fm's scrobbler app to your Spotify account. Read this last.fm announcement for more information and guidance. 🙂

I also received an email from last.fm saying that the internal scrobbling (from Spotify settings) will soon become obsolete and the aforementioned app will be the way to scrobble from Spotify.

Let me know if you have more questions; have a lovely day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's right, thank you for posting an update. By the way, you can still see the "Scrobbling now" track with yellow background in the Recent Tracks list on your Last.fm profile, but that is rather misleading, because the scrobble will not get submitted anymore and simply disappear while the next track is shown as "Scrobbling now". So please use the new Last.fm feature in your applications settings instead and not the internal scrobbling option in your Spotify apps.

Few seconds ago, I have this problem. What did I do? Log out and log in on the android Spotify app, and suddenly, all the songs that I heard in the last hour were scrobled.

Who has the problem? Spotify or Last.fm?

Cheers

Hi! I have the same problem. Last.fm says I haven’t scrobbled any music from May 9 to May 17. Though I play music from Spotify every single day! Have you found a solution to this problem?

I think it just that last.fm is about to go bankrupt and they need to restructure their business in order to stay alive.

Suggested posts