Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Andy Sheppard - which one is the one and only one?

Andy Sheppard - which one is the one and only one?

I am a huge fan of Andy Sheppard, the british jazz saxophonist. Whenever I search for Andy I get another artist , who I do not know but I assume is also called Andy Sheppard, who plays a kind of country music.  I want to be able to search with confidence for the one artist that I seek. I guess that fans of the other Andy are equally frustrated. 

Is there a chance that these two could be separated please - I want to know that I am finding ALL of the albums or appearances of one Andy and not the other. 

many thanks

Duncan McNeill

1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You can report any content errors/issues such as these directly to the Spotify content team using the instructions outlined in this topic. Once you have submitted a query, the content team will investigate and then pass any needed details over to the record label to request a correction/change if needed (so it can take some time unfortunately!).

This issue is rooted a little deeper than just multiple artists on the same page. Spotify currently does not have a way in the clients to separate artists with the same name, meaning anytime this happens the artists get merged onto a single page. There is a discussion about it over on the Ideas Exchange here.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts