Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Any way to get Spotiffy on my Sony Smart Tv

Solved!

Any way to get Spotiffy on my Sony Smart Tv

Is there any way to get Spotify on my Sony Smart Tv. Thsnks for the assistance..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As the person said above, I personally use Chromecast. Controlled from my Android phone, music is streamed to Chromecast on the TV.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have a look at this topic for all of Spotify's hardware partners. As far as I am aware, Sony is not currently supported.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The workaround I've used is to connect a laptop via HDMI (then optical audio out to the receiver) OR VGA to the TV and 1/8" stereo mini plug to my receiver. Then I just fire up windows and use the TV as a monitor and use the Spotify desktop or web app normally. Certainlly not ideal when Pandora, Slacker, etc all have apps, but it works 😕

Add a streaming device like Nowtv.... Job done.

Marked as solution

As the person said above, I personally use Chromecast. Controlled from my Android phone, music is streamed to Chromecast on the TV.

We shouldn't have to use Chromecast or HDMI or another 'go-around', it's available on Samsung and LG Smart TVs as an app. 
The question should be WHEN will it be on Sony Smart TVs?

Better way - to buy Sony PS4 and to use dedicated application and having fun 😉. Merry Christmas.

Suggested posts