Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes when changing song using playlist

App crashes when changing song using playlist

Hi I have a couple of problems happening on my Nokia lumia 800.The OS is windows phone 7.5 os version 7.10.8779.8

I have an unlimited data plan.

I'll try to give as much information as possible.

I normally listen to spotify when I am on the bus travelling to work and back home. I'll open up spotify and choose a playlist, then select a song. At this point I will press the side button to switch off the screen and lock the phone. I will listen to the track or a number of tracks from the playlist. I will then press the side button again, slide up the screen and spotify will appear on the current song that is playing. Next I press the windows back button, which takes me back to the playlist and then I press the back button again to take me back to all of the playlists. At this point the app crashes and I end up at the Windows phone front screen. This happens 9 times out of 10. I have wifi unabled but as I an on the bus I am using 3g to stream the data (unless the track or playlist is set to offline)

The other issue I have is how slow spotify is at loading and the fact that sometimes it doesn't display which playlists are available and other times it doesn't list all the tracks.

I feel really let down by spotify,  Whenever I look in the Internet to resolve the problems, Spotify just suggest uninstall and reinstall. I think spotify need to understand that most people of the modern world already know to do that.

Can you help??

1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately, the Windows Phone 7 application has always been a bit of a nightmare when it comes to bugs, as outlined in a very detailed post here. The only real troubleshooting advice is to reinstall the app when things go wrong, which is a massive pain I know!

Since the release of Spotify for Windows Phone 8, Spotify for Windows Phone 7 is no longer being updated or actively supported but it remains available, as outlined in this announcement.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts