Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App won't login after upgrading to Windows Phone 8.1

App won't login after upgrading to Windows Phone 8.1

I upgraded my phone to WP8.1 and updated all the apps. Spotify would not go "online", even though under Settings it was set to be online. I toggled that a few times to no avail. So I uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone, and re-installed the app.

Now when I launch the app, I get the splash screen, and hit "Login here". I enter my username and password and hit the "log in" button, and wait. And wait. And wait. Nothing.

While connected to Wifi and using a packet sniffer, I see the TCP three-way handshake occur to apresolve.gslb.spotify.com (193.182.8.112) port 80, and then nothing. The app never submits an HTTP request. To me this suggests a problem with the app, rather than a server-side problem that wil get resolved.

I see a similar behavior when not connected to wifi, though I can't verify packet traces.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the app several times, generally rebooting the phone in between.

Anybody else seen/seeing this problem? Any suggested fixes or workarounds?

13 Replies

Which version of Windows 8.1 is it and on what device?

I'm running a Lumia 1020 with Cyan + Windows 8.1 and Spotify works fine.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the reply. I'm using a Lumia 920, running OS version: 8.10.12393.890. On the AT&T network if that matters.

I'm using Lumia 1520 and the same OS version. I got same problem....

Thanks for the reply, glad to know I'm not the only one.

I installed the update yesterday and... no difference. Still won't login.

@GinNTonic wrote:

Thanks for the reply, glad to know I'm not the only one.

I installed the update yesterday and... no difference. Still won't login.

Are you able to sign up for a new account and use the app with that? If that is the case then the problem may be with your Spotify account. Perhaps it has too many playlists or something.

Tried that after installing yesterday's update. Nope. I can create the account -- it verifies the account name hasn't been taken already -- but then I can't login with it. 

You said that this happened when you updated the phone to 8.10.12393.890 on developer preview.

Have your considered updating the phone to the latest developer preview version?

My phone is on a very late version, 8.10.14152.190 and all I got is the login screen spinning.  I'll have to get a packet sniffer up as well and look at the traffic.  I've tried it on two phones and both OTA and on WiFi.  Same thing.  Endless logging in.

wp_ss_20140830_0001.jpg

Just wondering do you get this on both mobile network and WiFi? Also are you roaming or connecting via a MNVO?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Sounds like firewall issues.

Simple test for port 443 connection ... can you see this website on the phone? https://eff.org

A more advanced test:

Setup internet sharing on your phone and connect another phone/tablet/laptop to it. Run Spotify on that. Does it connect?

If the answer is no then Spotify is unable to get past your firewall.

I can get to TCP443.  I browse using SSL all the time, plus most of the other apps on my phone use it as well.

I'm currently tracking this over here:  http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Stuck-Login-Screen-on-Windows-Phone-8-1/t...

Hello! I have the same problem. I cannot log in to Spotify with my WP Nokia Lumia 920. This started after upgrading from WP 8.0 to 8.1 late summer. I have spotify in my desktop and tablet, so after trying to log in several times, uninstalling and installing, booting and so on. I stopped trying. But I want my Spotify to my phone. I need it every day, and remember this problem every day. Your messages end in September. Have you got any solution after that? So the problem is that after entering my username and password, the dots start moving to right letting me understand that it is doing something, but nothing happens. Not even after an hour.  My son tryied to log in with his username, and did not succeed either. Thanks for reply!

wp_ss_20141201_0002.png

I´ve already opened a seperate topic, because i firstly didnt found this one.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Login-Problems-Lumia-620-Windows-Phone-8...

I have the same problem on a lumia 620.

Whats the current status of this bug? i am paying 9.99 every month so i want to use this with my device!

Suggested posts