Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Are we allowed to use the Spotify-logo?

Are we allowed to use the Spotify-logo?

We would like to promote our company's Spotify playlist to our customers. Are we allowed to use the Spotify logo for that?

Thanks in advance.

16 Replies

Hi there @Gymgrossisten!

Unfortunately, you are not permitted to use Spotify's logo for advertising or promoting your business. 

See the terms and conditions - under section 4 "Rights We Grant You". Here's a link.

All Spotify trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features of the Spotify brand (“Spotify Brand Features”) are the sole property of Spotify or its licensors. The Agreements do not grant you any rights to use any Spotify Brand Features whether for commercial or non-commercial use.

Hope that helps! If you would like to discuss your brand with Spotify, there is a division called Spotify for Brands that can help you promote your business. Check out this site www.spotify.com/brands

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I used a spotify logo on the cover art of one  of my spotify playlists.

It was only to say that this is a Spotify playlist (as opposed to a Deezer playlist or a YouTube playlist).  Then the cover art disappeared and I got this message:

We’re reaching out to let you know we’ve removed the cover art for your playlist X for unauthorized use of the Spotify logo.

Is this legit?

Hey there @dariomoving

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

To prove if this message is legit you must first check if it's coming from an official email address ending in @spotify.com.

Also, keep in mind that we'll never ask you for your personal information over email. This includes payment details (credit card number, debit card number, etc.), your password, social security number or tax identification number. 

If you're still not sure if the message you received is legit, we suggest you check this help page for more info.  

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hello, we are The Mostest Okayest Podcast and we stream our episodes live before exporting the audio and distributing our podcast to your platform. We love that our community has the ability to listen to our content on Spotify and we were just wondering if we were allowed to use any branding that allows our community to know that they can find our podcast on Spotify. Any kind of logos that say "You can listen to us on Spotify" that we can have pop up on our screen for 3-5 seconds at the start and end of our show.

Hi @MostestOkayestPC,

First of all welcome to the Community and thanks for checking with us here on the forum!

You can find more info on how you can integrate the Spotify brand in your podcast here. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, there is an email at the bottom of the webpage which you can reach out to.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

company is manufacturing a product that will work with spotify through our app. Are we allowed to use your logo on packaging? How about in the app?

Hey @speed51133,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

For more info regarding the Spotify logo usage guidelines of the Spotify logo, we suggest taking a look at the article @Elena shared above.

If you still have questions, feel free to reach out to the relevant team through the email address provided at the end of that article. 

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi!

Can we use spotify logo to sell handmade products with spotify code?

Thanks,

Raul Reis

Hi @elreisss,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome. 

In this case, we recommend that you visit this link and check the section "Is there an approval process for putting Spotify Codes on physical products?" for more info. However, keep in mind that you are not allowed to sell or offer Spotify Codes as such. For this reason, we suggest that you get in contact with the team on charge through the email displayed on said section above for more info.

We'll be here in case you need anything else. 

Cheers.

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hi Spotify! 

My company make a photo of your prepaid card and would like to send it to the customer and print it with information that is the reward in our contest for them. Can we use the this photo with you logo on it? 

Hey @Aleksandramelia,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and welcome 🙂

We suggest checking our Terms and Conditions in the section Content and Intellectual Property Rights. So, just to clarify, you cannot use the Spotify logo even if you have it in one of your photos. Any rights to use any Spotify Brand Features, whether for commercial or non-commercial usage, are expressly disclaimed by these Terms.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator

Hello!

My non-profit organization goes to different speaking events, and we are designing a banner to take with us. Since we are an active podcast on Spotify, we wanted to add the Spotify logo icon to the banner so people know they can find us on the platform. Is this allowed? Or can I request permission?

Hey @beccawhip,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome 🙂

All Spotify logos, domain names, trade names, trademarks, service marks, and other brand elements ("Spotify Brand Features") are the exclusive property of Spotify or its licensors. These Terms unambiguously disclaim any rights to utilize any Spotify Brand Features, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes.

To check this, we recommend to check our Terms & Conditions here

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

Hi,

how about showing Spotify mobile app on a smartphone for a few seconds in video promoting for example wireless headphones?

I’m creating a book review app and want users to share their playlists. I have it so they paste the playlists link in the input and once that is done I would like the Spotify logo to show. And users can click on the Spotify logo which will send them to the playlist. Is this ok?

We have an upcoming music festival and we want to promote the artists who are part of the lineup. We want to highlight that they have millions of streams on Spotify (among other achievements) and we’re hoping to use the Spotify logo when we create the video material and an artcard for social media.

Can we use the Spotify logo for this kind of material? 

Suggested posts