Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists Tab empty / Play all the songs of an artist that are in my library / Manage the queue

Artists Tab empty / Play all the songs of an artist that are in my library / Manage the queue

Plan

Free

Country

France

Device

PC

Operating System

W7Pro

My Question or Issue

1) I do not understand why on Open Spotify (online player) I have only one artiste in the Artists tab while all artists in my library appear on the PC Spotify application. Too bad because I mainly use the online app. (PC application blocked on my job computer) and I can't use the Artists tab to listen music.  It was one on my main way to listen music on other music services.

2) Furthermore, on Open Spotify or in the PC app., I do not find the way to listen all the songs of an artist that are in my library. On Groove (I migrated from Groove to Spotify) it was so easy. I selected the wanted artist then the first option was to play all songs of this artist that was in my library. Here, in Spotify, you are forced to play a random selection of all songs selected for by Spotify  (not by the user). That is not a good solution when you want listen all your favorite songs of one of your favorite artists. And create one playlist for each artist seems long and difficult to manage. I do not want. I have already too much playlists.

3) Also, I do not understand how the Queue works and why it is not easy to manage it. Again, on Groove it was so easy. Sometimes I want to listen two playlists mixed together. For exemple I have a Disco Music playlist and Funk Music playlist. If I wanted play both playlists mixed together, or if I wanted, after few minutes/hours, add to the queue, all songs a an artists, I selected the first playlist and I clicked on "Play", then I selected the second playlist and I clicked on "Add to the queue", then, few minutes/hours later, I selected the artist then I clicked on "Add to the queue". "Add to the queue" was present on each page/playlist and it was easy to manage the queue. In Spotify it seems impossible to add a playlist to the queue without erase de queue. It is possible to add songs to the queue but only one by one. Also I do not understand why the current playlist is separated in three: Now playing, Next in queue and Next up. Why do not do only one list given that the current song is highlighted. And what is the difference between Next in queue and Next up ?

I lose many times to manage the music I listen to.

Thanks !

Online app.PNG
PC app.PNG
0 Replies

Suggested posts