Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

As from today I cannot use Chromecast Audio from Spotify

As from today I cannot use Chromecast Audio from Spotify

All other audio streaming; Google Play Music, Youtube, radio is fine but can no longer cast from Spotify. Tried casting Spotify screen to TV from Google Chromecast, no luck either. Checked everything and reinstalled but no luck. Won't use Spotify if I have to play to my HiFi through a cable. Please help.

8 Replies

I'm having the same problem. As of a few days ago, I cannot stream Spotify to my Chromecast, either from my phone or from Chrome browser on my PC. All other streaming apps work fine with it.

Same here as well. Seems that they have disabled the Chromecast support.

Seams to be a Spotify problem like mentioned above. 

I can cast without problems with SoundCloud for example.

I've tried factory resetting the ChromeCast Audio, but that didn't help for Spotify either.

Update: my Chromecast Audio has started working again without any update from Spotify. Probably was a temporary issue.

I've been in contact with the support team which gave me credentials to a temporary account. After Casting from that account it's been working for me. Perhaps it was a backend issue they now fixed. 🙂

Well done but I still cannot cast from Spotify. So not a temporary glitch for me.

Same Issue here with my 2 ChromeCast Audio device.
started a 4 month free trial somewhere (GP) but I prefer the spotify interface.

Spotify and my CCAs have always been hit or miss.

Same for me.  It stopped working several weeks ago when trying to cast from a browser tab...I can't find a fix for it.

Suggested posts