Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Asking Alexa to play Spotify Discover Weekly playlist not working (sort of)

Asking Alexa to play Spotify Discover Weekly playlist not working (sort of)

I recently got a new Echo Studio (previously had an Echo Dot last year).

With the Echo Dot I used to be able to say "Alexa, play my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify" and it would work every time.

Now when I say that to the Echo Studio, it plays a Discover Weekly playlist I'd saved from December 2017.

So when I say "Alexa, play my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify" it responds saying "Discover Weekly the 4th of December 2017 from Spotify".

What/how do I phrase my request to get it to play the current weekly Discover Weekly playlist?

PS - I usually really like my Discover Weekly playlists most weeks, so I will save them as a permanent playlist in my playlists list and name them by the week they came out. I have dozens of these saved, going all the way back to 2016. So I'm not sure why it's defaulting to "Discover Weekly 4 December 2017"?

2 Replies

I am experiencing the same thing. I used to be able to say "Alexa, play discover weekly" and it would be fine. Now when I say that it defaults to my 'Discover Weekly Archive' Playlist where I offload each week's songs into.

When I try change my 'Discover Weekly Archive' playlist name to something else like just 'Archive' and then say "Alexa, play discover weekly" it says: "Playing Archive". So clearly it has decided that there is a link between that particular playlist and the phrase 'discover weekly' even if it isn't even named anything remotely similar to that.

I tried re-linking Spotify to Alexa and that didn't help either.

Yes that is exactly the issue I am having...

Suggested posts