Audio quality settings on TV player

Plan

Premium Duo

Device

TV Philips

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I would like to set the audio quality on TV player to maximum, but there is no setting allowed at all (why is that??).

I am listening from TV digital output to my HIFI, so I would like to have a best possible audio quality.

5 Replies

Hey @glupan,

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

At the moment, the preset quality setting might depend on the device you're using, this would explain why you're not seeing the option to change it.

Not to worry. Just head here so you can check the available quality for your specific device.

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, just let us know.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the answer.

I would still prefer normal setting possibility as usual on other devices.

Can I hope for that in future or should I found another Spotify android app? Perhaps the one from the tablet?

Hi there @glupan,

Thank you for your reply.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features, so we suggest that you make sure that you always keep your app up to date.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

You gotta love this chatbot corp answers. We want settings, normal settings. I have hi-end speakers and I can hear the quality (low) in this version and I`m runing the app on Nvidia shield. Are we really forced to side load another version of the app to get the settings?

It would be super awesome if this would get implemented, being able to control audio settings directly in the TV app version of spotify. And crossfade as well!

Suggested posts