Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autoplay not working

Autoplay not working

Premium _ uk 

iPhone 12 

My Question or Issue

Autoplay not working on the app. Have tried using resolutions given historically to no avail 

11 Replies

Hey @Ltaylor1,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community.

What troubleshooting have you tried exactly? We need that info so we can take it from there. 

Also, what operating system is your iPhone 12 on at the moment? And what about your Spotify app version? Wondering if updating both the device's operating system and the app could do the trick here. 

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi mario, 

the solution suggested a couple years back was to turn the auto play function off and on again in the app. 

spotify app is up to date version: 8.6.84

iPhone is also up to date version: ios15.1.1

thank you 

Hey @Ltaylor1,

Thanks for coming back.

Yeah, looks like everything is up to date, which is great. How about reinstalling the app? That could do the trick in this case.

Hope it help. Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator

Hi Mario, 

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and still hasn’t fixed the issue. 

thanks 

Hey @Ltaylor1,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop here.

Could you confirm that for the reinstall you've followed the extra steps as explained in this guide? It's is a bit more thorough than the usual reinstall and it clears possible cache-related issues.

If the issue still persists, then we'd like to get some more info, so we can advise you better. Are you missing the Autoplay feature while streaming directly from your device, or you are being connected to another device such as a smart speaker or a stereo system (using the Connect feature)? If you happen to use also the desktop app for example, then please make sure the setting for Autoplay is also toggled to on in the Settings of the app there as well. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator

Hiya, 

I have followed all the steps as suggested and has still not fixed the issue. 
The error occurs when I am listening on my phone not connected to a device. 

Can we please get a solution for this as it is becoming increasingly annoying and I am beginning to stop using the app completely because of this issue which is not acceptable when I pay the monthly subscription. 
Thanks  

Hey again @Ltaylor1,

Thanks for your fast reply 🙂

Sorry to hear that the issue still persists. As we weren't able to replicate this on our end and we're not getting many reports for this, it seems more like a specific issue on your end for now. But no worries, we'd be glad to help you to troubleshoot this some more!

Could you also share with us if this occurs with all playlists, no matter of their size and creator. By the later we mean whether this happens to your own playlists or to all including Spotify created ones. You can also try to log with your account using a different iOS device (maybe of a friend or relative) to check if the function works as expected, and just remember to log out afterwards 😉 

It's also worthwhile restarting the app twice in a row. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh. Check if this will shake things up and make any difference for you.

If nothing works, then you could also send us a short video of the situation as it happens on your end, so we can take a closer look and try replicate it better. You can send us a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

Hiya, 

Restarted the app twice, has not resolved the issue. 
the issue occurs on all types of playlists. 
I have tried it on another device and the same issue occurs. 
it won’t let me attach a video showing the end of the last song playing on a playlist and it just going back to the beginning of the playlist and stopping. I’ve included screenshots instead. 

8DA98152-0E7E-4BE2-92E0-73FC2C05286C.png
BD0595AF-7499-455C-8C10-DD14149D75DA.png

Hey @Ltaylor1,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you check whether this is the case for Albums and podcast episodes as well?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Hi, 

it is the same across the board. 

thank you 

Hey there @Ltaylor1

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phone to check if the issue persists with a different account? 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts