Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Blackberry does not sync offline tracks

[BB] Blackberry does not sync offline tracks

After using Spotify on my Blackberry without any issues (apart from skips in offline tracks) for a month or so, I updated to 0.5.1.2 through Blackberry app world, and my playlists stopped synchronising. I tried reinstalling, then reinstalling and deleting the spotify folder on the media card, but still no luck.

I can see my playlists and stream music, but playlists do not sync. When marked for offline use, I get the download progress bar, showing "syncing 1 out of XX", but it doesn't progress. 

I also regularly get login failed errors when I launch the app.

Overall, stability seems to have taken a massive dive with this version. But even going back to the 0.5.0.3 version on the m.spotify.com site has the same issues. (Why is there such a big gap between the app world version and the version on the Spotify site?)

Has anyone else found a solution this issue?

38 Replies

I am experiencing exactly the same issues with my blackberry, using version 0.5.0.2.  I am unable to download a seemingly random selection of playlists with the same symptoms described here, but I am still able to dowload a few.  As of this evening, I am also unable to log into spotify on my blackberry.  The exact same credentials work fine on desktop/website.

I have exactly the same problem. If the offline playlists sync do not work, Spotify for BB is unuseful.

I also have exactly the same issue... Incredibly frustrating. If anyone knows of a fix to this I'd be very grateful.

Hi, I have the same issue! So frustrating, what do we pay our £10 a month for?

Spotify service status says they are currently experiencing some issues, hopefully this is only a temporary problem to do with that.

I have filled in one of those support forms and sent it off, if you all send one they might up the severaty of the issue.

Cheers

Harvey

Same here and getting increasingly annoyed by this.

-R

Afortunately I am on the 30 days trial. I was seriously to be a premium member, but first the service has to work.

Hi guys,

Before I escalate this further, I need you guys to try a couple of troubleshooting tips...

- Firstly, a basic clean reinstall. We need to ask.

- Secondly, could you go to Options > Device Management > Application Management > Spotify App > Edit Permissions. If you could then unblock ports 4070, 433 and 80. If you could then try syncing again.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Like it says in the title, offline playlists won't download on blackberry anymore. Worked fine for 6 months but just now it won't download again. Customer Support is awful, received 1 email in 24 hours leaving me still without my songs. Just terrible, tempted to cancel my account now. Any spotify workers please help solve this problem.

@nick87c wrote:

Like it says in the title, offline playlists won't download on blackberry anymore. Worked fine for 6 months but just now it won't download again. Customer Support is awful, received 1 email in 24 hours leaving me still without my songs. Just terrible, tempted to cancel my account now. Any spotify workers please help solve this problem.

Hi, sorry that Spotify support was bad 😞

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

Liam

(Don't forget to read my signature)

Yes I have and to no avail. Other blackberry users seem to be having this problem as well with the offline playlists. Hmmm.

@nick87c wrote:

Yes I have and to no avail. Other blackberry users seem to be having this problem as well with the offline playlists. Hmmm.

It's probably a bug that needs to be fixed by the devs then - sorry 😞

What seems fishy is there is no way to actually contact spotify for customer support, just some fishy ticket submission service and the forrums. 

@nick87c wrote:

What seems fishy is there is no way to actually contact spotify for customer support, just some fishy ticket submission service and the forrums. 

I know, I know - but hey, forums are fun 😉

Nick87c - I've just moved your thread over here, as it's the same topic. Could you try the steps I mention above?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I appreciate the reply but I can't find the option to unblock ports. You will have to be more specific as to where exactly it is found. I have the connections, interactions and user data drop downs but can't find any option for the ports

If I am in edit permissions I cant seem to find anything about "Ports"?

-R

Success! I'd tried uninstalling and reinstalling repeatedly, but then had a brainwave. In home/user/ there is a "spotify" folder which doesn't disappear when you uninstall spotify- this is why my phone was still showing nearly full storage after I uninstalled the app. I deleted that folder manually through windows explorer, reinstalled the app, and voila! Now started synching again. Fingers crossed that works for some of the rest of you!

I'm not too sure I follow what your'e saying on this one. You seem to be answering my question with the question I asked. What I mean is I followed your instructions to the directory that you stated but can't fnd the "port options".

I will try this now and see how it goes - figners crossed!

Suggested posts