Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] (Curve 9360) Spotify Premium Account.

Solved!

[BB] (Curve 9360) Spotify Premium Account.

Hi, Am getting a (2nd hand) BB Curve 9360 for my daughter, we currently use an Android Phone on our Premium Acc.

Posts here suggest the BB Mobile Platform, is not exactly 'Brilliant' -

Is it 'Acceptable' , coz if not, There's no point having our Premium Account.

Cheers

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I can't imagine there being any more updates, since the BB7 platform is being replaced with the new BB10 at the end of January 2013, which means new phones and hopefully a new app! The new operating system is a complete redesign, so the apps aren't cross compatible.

I am in the UK, I buy all of my accessories from amazon normally!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

The application lacks some of the features of the other platforms, however, I currently use it on my Bold 9900 and it meets my music listening needs fine. 

Peter

Peter

Thanks, Is there an update due on this platform, if so I'll wait for it before installing on the Curve 9360.

P.S if you're in the UK, wondering where to get acessories, Spare Battery, Covers, etc.

Cheers

Marked as solution

I can't imagine there being any more updates, since the BB7 platform is being replaced with the new BB10 at the end of January 2013, which means new phones and hopefully a new app! The new operating system is a complete redesign, so the apps aren't cross compatible.

I am in the UK, I buy all of my accessories from amazon normally!

Peter

Peter

Cheers, Am wondering wether to wait until Spotify App for BlackBerry 10 is available - Have you ANY idea when this might be?

If it's gonna be longer than 6-8 weeks, I'll download the current Blackberry Version

Much Appreciated.

Can I download the app via my Apple Mac Air to the Curve, or do I have to get it over WiFi directly on the Curve 9360?

Cheers

Your curve 9360 along with all the other current BlackBerry phones won't be getting the BB10 update, so there is no point waiting for a new application. 

You need to download the application on your phone, either from BlackBerry App World (Recommended) or by visiting this link (directly from Spotify) inside your BlackBerry's internet browser. 

Peter

Peter

Thanks, have downloaded/installed from Blackberry Apps, Can play music on tthe curve as per the HTC, BUT,

If I Connect the curve to my iMac, via USB, and then fire up Spotify on both:-

a) I get the following :- Spotify requires an SD card

b) The Curve does not appear on the 'Devices' bit on iMac Spotify platform

c)Can yo sync (only) individual playlists instead of everything (like on the HTC/Android)

Any Ideas?

Much Appreciated.

It is not possible to use the desktop application to sync your BlackBerry, that is why it doesn't appear on the devices section. Desktop local file and playlist syncing is only supported on Android and iOS. I normally just log into my account on the application and view my playlists that way, but you won't be able to sync your local files to the phone. 

As far as I was aware Spotify does not require an SD card to work on BlackBerry (although I could be wrong) you just need to have at least 50MB of internal storage available. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts