Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Download Spotify for Blackberry

Solved!

[BB] Download Spotify for Blackberry

I'm trying to install spotify on my Blackberry by typing m.spotify.com in the phone's browser, I am allways redirected to www.spotify.com. Is there another way to download the app for blackberry?

Greets

Thomas

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@berlin_fuzzy wrote:

No new information from the "forum staff". I think it is not so easy to reactivate m.spotify.com. Is it possible to send the app by mail, so I can install it via BB-Desktop-Software. I think you see my address in my profile.

Thank you

Thomas

Can you try the direct download link direct from Spotify (not sure it will work):

http://download.spotify.com/blackberry/Spotify.jad (from your mobile browser)

If that doesn't work, you might be interested in the link outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Are you running blackberry 10? There is no Spotify app for blackberry 10 as of yet.

oh NO, it is a BB 9800 with OS6.0

Is it not in the BlackBerry App World?

Peter

Peter

@berlin_fuzzy wrote:

oh NO, it is a BB 9800 with OS6.0

Then you should be able to view it on the blackberry app world.

Ensure your device is compatible by referrring to this blog post 🙂

Thank you, but I have a BB 9800 which is not officially supported, so I cannot get the app within App World. I had installed it from the website m.spotify.com and it made the job (mostly, from time to time there was no sync of playlists). I want to reinstall it now, but I cannot get to the URL m.spotify.com, I will be redirected to www.spotify.com, where I cannot get any apps. Can you give me a source for downloading the app from your website and not from App World?

Thank you

Greetings

Thomas

I can see your issue, I will see if I can get some more information on this for you from the staff.

Peter

Peter

@berlin_fuzzy wrote:

Thank you, but I have a BB 9800 which is not officially supported, so I cannot get the app within App World. I had installed it from the website m.spotify.com and it made the job (mostly, from time to time there was no sync of playlists). I want to reinstall it now, but I cannot get to the URL m.spotify.com, I will be redirected to www.spotify.com, where I cannot get any apps. Can you give me a source for downloading the app from your website and not from App World?

Thank you

Greetings

Thomas

It would appear that the m.spotify.com url has been removed. This has indeed been escalated to forum staff, and they should get back to you soon 🙂

No new information from the "forum staff". I think it is not so easy to reactivate m.spotify.com. Is it possible to send the app by mail, so I can install it via BB-Desktop-Software. I think you see my address in my profile.

Thank you

Thomas

Marked as solution

@berlin_fuzzy wrote:

Thank you

Thomas

Can you try the direct download link direct from Spotify (not sure it will work):

http://download.spotify.com/blackberry/Spotify.jad (from your mobile browser)

If that doesn't work, you might be interested in the link outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter

Thank you Peter, this was perfect. The link you named worked, I downloaded the app and it synced my offline-playlists.

Thank you very much

Thomas

Suggested posts