Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Logging on with my Blackberry Bold 9900

Solved!

[BB] Logging on with my Blackberry Bold 9900

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with logging in over my 3G connection on my Blackberry Bold 9900 (7.1.0.714). I try to log on and I get the spinning disk loading icon thingy (I don't know the technical name of it) and eventually, it loads after about 10 minutes but only under offline mode. And it doesn't let me stream music.

OK. This is what I have tried.
Wifi connection - Works absolutely fine.
Turning my cellular connection off and on again and then retrying - Didn't work
Deleting and reinstalling Spotify - Didn't work
Reinstalling a brand new clean version of the OS - Didn't work

So you know, the internet works fine on my phone.
If I switch spotify into offline mode whilst on WiFi, it loads straight up.
It also doesn't matter where I am because I tried to get it to connect on my 9 mile bus ride to work and back and it didn't work anywhere.

Can you suggest anything? I'm quite a patient person. Meanwhile, I'm keeping my Spotify in offline mode

Cheeeers! James

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have posted a temporary work around here and sent my findings off to the team 🙂

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I am not having any issues on my Bold 9900. 

Do you sign into Spotify using a Spotify username and password or using Facebook? 

Can you just verify that your BlackBerry data connection is active by going to the service status section on your phone and checking to make sure it says "Mobile Network" under the "BlackBerry Internet Service", whilst not connected to WiFi. 

Peter

Peter

I'm connecting with an actual username (weyyytictacs) and not a facebook account.

And yes, the Blackberry Internet Service is active as the alk1319566657643_en-us[1].jpg logo is shown in the corner as well as the 3G logo.

James

That is very strange! 

Are you using BIS or BES for internet services? I know my father's company block Spotify on their BES internet service. 

Also can you just verify your account works correctly on the desktop version?

Peter

Peter

Good to read that I'm not the only one with this problem.

When logging in on my 9900, either with my fb or spotify account, the busy-wheel keeps spinning forever and nothing happens. I'm on BIS and everything else on my bb works fine. Logging in on the ipad app with the same creds takes 3 seconds.

Hey 🙂

It is not currently possible to my knowledge to log into Spotify on BlackBerry using Facebook. If you have a Facebook account then you would need to create a device password and use that to log in instead. 

I have noted when I factory reset phone that signing into the Spotify client appears to take a very long time for the first time. I'm guessing its downloading a lot of playlist data. Also, if you have a memory card in your phone, you might want to try it without it inserted to see if that makes a difference. 

Have you tried connecting over WiFi? 

Peter

Peter

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I can log in fine via my wifi but not via my mobile network. 

Hey 🙂

Is your blackberry internet service connected on the mobile network? 

I posted instructions on how to check here.

Peter

Peter

Yes, I checked through all the suggestions already posted and they haven't made any difference. 

Okay. 

What type of mobile network connection do you have? 

And can you get past the log in screen or does it just spin forever?

Peter

Peter

The check service status screen you have mentioned previously has 'Mobile Network' under Blackberry Internet Services. This is a 3G connection.

After around 10-15 minutes of trying to log in it eventually loads but offline only. I have tried going onto a playlist that is synced offline but each track just says 'Loading...'

Have you tried performing a clean reinstalltion of the client? 

Head to app world, remove the spotify client.

Reboot your phone. If it doesn't prompt you to do it automatically, press left alt + right shift + enter together and it should soft reset.

Install from app world again. 

Peter

Peter

I tried that yesterday. App World gave me two options - uninstall or delete. I tried both (including the soft reset which I didn't know about) and it's still not working.

I'm sure you can see why this is now driving me mad! lol

For sure! 

I'm a BlackBerry fan through and through, but its small things like these that drive me around the bend. Soft reset gets bashed on my poor worn keypad more than should be needed lol! 

Are you running on a GSM or CDMA network? I know for a fact that Spotify does not work on CDMA networks like Sprint or Verizon in the USA. It works perfecly on my GSM o2 here in the UK though. 

I'm going to escalate this to the forum staff for you, hopefully they might be able to reach out to someone who knows about the inner workings of the BlackBerry client!

Peter

Peter

Thank-you Peter. If it helps any I'm on O2 in the UK as well.

I have just tested this on my phone as it was to hand and actually mine doesn't seem to want to sign in over 3G anymore. I most definitely have used it in the past, I used to listen to it on the bus into work! 

I've updated the escalation that this might be a possible bug. Hopefully we can get some feedback from the team. At least you aren't alone 😉 

Peter

Peter

Hi guys. Sorry for my lack of posts. I've been quite busy.

Yep, your problems sound exactly like mine. At the moment, whilst I'm connected to wifi, i'm switching to offline mode and listening to playlists I've downloaded instead of streaming when there's no wifi.

I'm also on o2uk... Anybody seeing a patern here? Or is it just a coincidence? 😛

What I can do is try disconnecting your previous offline sessions. This might make it work again, but it will remove offline synced content from all your devices.

If you want to give this a try, please reply here.

Community Ergo Sum

I did a clean reinstall and resynced everything yesterday but yeah, go for it 😉

Peter

Peter

Yeah, I'm also up for that. Feel free. Again, did exactly the same as hammeh so I don't see this working but anything is worth a try 🙂

Suggested posts