Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Password login fail

[BB] Password login fail

Hi, 

It's happened twice now that whenever I've left the Spotify App on my Blackberry 9780, I can't login anymore. This is the message I receive: 

"Login Failed Could not login to Spotify. Maybe you've changed or misspelled your password?"

It's the same password I use to login to the service on the website, and I'm 100% sure there are no typo's in the password. 

The last time I fixed it by removing app and resetting password, but I don't feel like doing this everytime this problem shows up. Can you guys help me out? 

Thanks

9 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Can you answer a few questions and I will try and help!

Do you normally log in using a Spotify username and password or using Facebook? 

Does this occur on both WiFi and mobile network? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for the swift response. 

When I login to the Spotify app on my BB, there is not option of using Facebook login. So just using my Spotify details. 

The problem described above occurs when WIFI is switched off. 

When I switch WIFI on, it get this:  Login Failed, Could not connect to Spotify. please check your network (WIFI-APN) settings.

Cheers,
Luke 

Hey again 🙂 

Are you using BIS or BES for BlackBerry services? 

Also are you using a home/work/public WiFi network?

Interestingly, I have just opened a bug case with Spotify as I am unable to sign in over 3G on my bold 9900. The main thread for it is here.

Peter

Peter

I'm using BIS.

And currently connected to the WIFI at work.

That shouldn't be an issue because Spotify desktop version is working fine at work. 

Just searching around the forums turned up this thread.

Might worth following all of the suggestions there (over 3 pages) and see if anything works. 

You might also want to check in your application settings that Spotify is set to "Allow" in all the boxes.

Peter

Peter

Hey there!

Include in thread subject iOS you are using like "WP 7.5: Not showing playlists". I'm locking this thread for now.

Hey there, I openet this thread again. Keep discussion coming.

I have the answer to your question. I had the same problem as you and I figured it out. You just need to login with your facebook email and password. I know it doesn't say to login with facebook but eventually that's what I did (after trying to figure out what my password might be) and I'm in now.

worked for me on my curve 9300

Suggested posts