Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Playing Synced tracks in BlackBerry music player

[BB] Playing Synced tracks in BlackBerry music player

I've downloaded all my playlists to my SD card and I want to play them in BB music player and not in Spotify.

How do I do it?

Seems like a legit question. Since I've technically paid for these tracks and now "own them" i should be allowed free usage of them as I please. Not just inside the buggy terrible spotify player.

3 Replies

Hey 🙂 

Simple answer is you can't unless you have purchased the tracks. 

If you pay for Spotify premium, then that allows you offline access to your tracks inside the Spotify client, but it does not mean that you own the tracks. 

If you actually own the tracks and have paid for them (either from the Spotify downloads store or another music stre), then you should be able to transfer them to your phone as mp3's using Blackberry Desktop Software and load them into the music application that way. If they are mp3's and in the music folder on the SD card, then the music player should automatically add them.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Kind of a cop out!

I'm sure I was reading a post about someone on Android who could access their tracks directly from the SD card.

Do you know what format they are stored in on our SD card? Must be an MP3 with a renamed file extension in some bizzare folder (that would be why the music player doesn't find them)

The android SD card posts are people trying to store the Spotify offline content on the SD card instead of the internal phone memory (which is not currently supported in the most recent version), as far as I am aware BlackBerry does use the SD card automatically.

Seeing as Spotify streams in the ogg format, I would assume the offline tracks are stored as some encrypted form of that. The offline stored tracks need to be obscured by some method, if they weren't how would Spotify stop piracy. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts