Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Playlist created on Bold9900 not showing up in desktop version of Spotify

[BB] Playlist created on Bold9900 not showing up in desktop version of Spotify

Hi All, 

Just started using Spotify yesterday. So pretty new to it. 

The thing is this, I have created a playlist on the mobile version of spotify, but when i start my desktop version - that playlist is not present. 

Please can anyone tell me how do I get to sync playists created on the handset to that of the desktop version. 

Thanks!

7 Replies

Hey, welcome to the Community.

In the Settings view (choose Settings from the Menu) there is a Reset Playlists option. Doing that will re-fetch all playlist information from the Spotify servers. If the reloading doesn't start automatically just restart the app to get it started.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks for the welcome.  However, you solution did not help. 

I did as you told, should have exercised a bit of judement. Upon following it - the playlist that I had created in my mobile phone is gone!

Please can you tell me how to get the playlist which I create using the mobile version of spotify for blackberry to be reflected under the desktop version. 

Does spotify lets it do that? 

Both the application (mobile and desktop) is logged into as the same user. 

Looking forward to a solution that works. 

Ah, sorry. Thought you meant the other direction.

The changes you make in the Blackberry app should automatically show up in the desktop version so long as you're online. There isn't a comparable 'sync playlists' button in the desktop version of the app. It might take a while to show up though, I can't say for sure - I haven't had a proper go at trying out the Blackberry app myself.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Richard, 

My findings: I tried from the beginning. 

First, I logged in both of them well more or less simulatneously. 

I created one in the mobile, and wala! it showed up!

So is it correct to say both the versions (mobile & desktop) needs to be online for it to take effect? 

Now the corollary, 

I logged out of desktop, added one song in the playlist (initially created and synced as point 1). Started the desktop version - and guess what ? It did not show up!

So if things are to happen, they have to happen when both of them are online! Is this not a drawback ? I'm not sure if I'm missing something here... 

So although it only has been a couple of hours I've been using this system - do you mind if there is an approach to deal with it and would like to share it or perhaps if you could take this up as change request 🙂  - I don't wish to come across as a demanding user but I love this software so much!

Once again, thank you so much!!

Well I'm glad to hear it works that way at least. Though I agree that does sound a little counter-intuitive.

How about if you sign out of the desktop, create a playlist in the app, sign back into the desktop and play some tracks/create a new playlist. I'm thinking that if you can somehow 'jog' the playlist server perhaps that will get things to update?

Yep, I'll try that later and will post my findings!

first let me go for a run using my all fancy spotify 🙂

Any progress on this post? I've got exactly the same issue - created a bunch of playlists on my mobile to use at my wedding but i'll need to play them off my laptop - and those playlists won't appear.

One solution might be if you could obtain the url or link to a playlist you make on your blackberry - you can easily do that for desktop playlists. Then you could simply enter the url on your desktop. But i can't see how to do it on a blackberry. Any ideas?

Suggested posts