Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] Syncing problems with Blackberry

Solved!

[BB] Syncing problems with Blackberry

Hi there

I have Spotify Premium a Blackberry 9900 and it seems to sync at will.

I have only been able to successfully sync it around 3 or 4 times, and I don't know why it started syncing then.

If I change a playlist or add songs, and then open the blackberry app it does not attempt to do anything (wi-fi is turned on).

How do I sync my blackberry?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

actually, now seems to be working - it synchronised OK by itself - took a while and very messy playlists at first but for some reason all came thru ok now - hmm -

anyway - happy so far.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

exactly same problem - actually worse, not syncing at all -

done what was suggested on another post (downloaded and installed the' non-cdma' version) and verything seemed ok at first, i.e. I could see all playlists, but when trying offline/download it simply starts but does nothing - still waiting for trackes to download (tried via wi-fi and 3G as well).

I have read on another post that somebody called Oskar send a customer a link for a preview version ???

what do we have to do to get this working?

thx

Marked as solution

actually, now seems to be working - it synchronised OK by itself - took a while and very messy playlists at first but for some reason all came thru ok now - hmm -

anyway - happy so far.

Hello, since 3 weeks i got syncing problems for playlists between my pc's and syncing pc with Blackberry.

It worked before and i didn't change anything. Contacted support @ spotify but they directed me to the community.

Thanks for repmy!

I have the same problem, I have a BB torch , at the beginning it works perfectly,but since 2 weeks doesn´t download the offline lists. Is not the first time I have this problem, and I´m not paying to have this service. I go on holidays next wednesday and i would like to have my offline lists ready to listen in muy mobile

My BB also doesn't Sync offline playlists. Same problem as everyone.

And same here. I cannot comprehend why Spotify won't send out an official solution to this. I have a lot of issues with the BB version of Spotify. 

Hi guys,

Before I escalate this further, I need you guys to try a couple of troubleshooting tips...

- Firstly, a basic clean reinstall. We need to ask.

- Secondly, could you go to Options > Device Management > Application Management > Spotify App > Edit Permissions. If you could then unblock ports 4070, 433 and 80. If you could then try syncing again.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Problems with my premium on Blackberry have been going on for about a month now.

First my playlists woudn't sync. In the end it just wouldn't play an more. I got contacted by support about 4 weeks ago. I had to delete my account and get a new one because i didn't have the option "refresh playlists" on my device. Problem wasn't solved.

Finaly i deleted the app from my Blackberry and reinstalled it. The refresh button appeared at options screen. Support fixed my playlists, but i lost my premium account. So i have been paying for a month and got nothing.

Sam, at options on my Blackberry i don't have any of the possibilities you suggest. I can't login on BB anyway and i'm not going to pay any more untill there is a satisfying solution.

br

Got a mail from support yesterday, everything is ok again.

Also got a code for 1 month of free premium to make up loss.

So thanks !

Well, seems like a lot of BB users have the same problem. All suggestions won't work on my BB. It's annoying. Happens every 2-3 month.

OK, same problem here. On the first install, the Sync worked OK, but after adjusting playlists, the whole download thing seems to freeze, nothing ever happening. Why is there no solution to this? I will be wanting my subscription back as it is the only reason I payed for Premium.

I have the same problem, this is ridiculous. Can anyone sort this mess out ? I am also a Premium customer. I have not used my spotify over my BB 9900 bold for the past 2 weeks and I am paying for this service. Can someone get back to me ? And Do not give me your standard customer service response.Here's my answer to your generic customer service response to save you time typing it all. 

1. Yes I uninstalled the app (4x) 

2. Yes I re-install the app (4x)

3. Yes,I uninstall your apps through deskstop. (3x)

4. Yes I reinstall your desktop app (3x)

5. Yes I accessed application management through Blackberry to edit permission. (4x) 

Please get back to me with an answer and a solution. As I am not the only one who's fully aware of the extent of this mess up. 

You do not want your Blackberry users to be trending about this via social media channels such as Twitter ! 

Username: Mistarove 

Hey 🙂 

I am not having an issues on my Bold 9900 with syncing playlists currently.

Are you using WiFi or 3G?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I also have problems with sync. playlists. I just can't find out how to do the operations mentioned in the reply from Sam. How do I "unblock ports 4070, 433 and 80" I can't find the menu?

Please help.

Sam

Re: Syncing problems with Blackberry

Hi guys,
Before I escalate this further, I need you guys to try a couple of troubleshooting tips...
- Firstly, a basic clean reinstall. We need to ask.
- Secondly, could you go to Options > Device Management > Application Management > Spotify App > Edit Permissions. If you could then unblock ports 4070, 433 and 80. If you could then try syncing again.
-------
Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus
Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.
Mmm music. Get involved in our nice little Community Soundrop Room

Are you trying to sync over the mobile network or WiFi?

Peter

Peter

I too am having issues syncing to my BB9900. I have reinstalled the app, set all app settings to "allow" for total access, and have reset my playlists several times. I have tried syncing over wifi and 4G. I recently had to replace my phone, and prior to that had no problems with my old BB9900.  Is there any way for spotify to reset my offline data or something along those times so I can get access once more? I am currently paying for something that is useless and I am more than a little upset.

Please can anyone help! I got my daughter a 1 year premium sub for xmas so she could use spotify on her BB Bold 9970 to use offline I read this is how spotify works. However, the app on her phone keeps logging out and causes her to lose all of the songs on her playlist and saying they are not offline synced. Then, once they are all resynced, the same process happens again.

When you are getting logged out, do you need to enter your login details again? 

On my bold 9900 I get automatically logged in each time the application starts. As for playlists becomming unsynced, that seems to be a common issue, not only on BlackBerry but on Android too. My normal solution is to just leave the application open in the background in offline mode when I am not using it!

Peter

Peter

Hi there,

My BB Bold 9780 syncs okay with smaller problems, but I always manage. However some of the trackes don't play correctly in the offline mode. They seem to be broken: either finish earlier or are being interupted like if you bounce a CD player. I am having this prblem on my second device, so I belive it's problem of an OS or the application. Anyone faces the same thing?

Thanks

Suggested posts