Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB10] Spotify on Blackberry 10

[BB10] Spotify on Blackberry 10

As the Blackberry Z10 has now been launched when can paying customers expect a spotify app for use on the new operating system?

From what i've learnt it is very easy to port an android app over from android to work quite well on blackberry 10. Could this be a shortcut into the market?

We're just asking for a definite yes or no and if yes when?

78 Replies

I have been campaigning for this over on the Ideas Exchange for quite some time. 

Click the link in my signatures and add your kudos and comments there everyone!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I think i've replied and defo kudosed that thread. I just think its bad that spotify cant give us an offical update!

I was just about to ask how to run Spotify on my fabulous new Blackberry Z10 smartphone (Blackberry OS10) and a solution seems to be on it's way. I tried to use the beta version of Spotify's web player on my phone's browser but whenever I put in the correct url (play.spotify.com) I'm forced back to Spotify's home page (www.spotify.com/uk), very annoying! I think it is pretty bad that Deezer can have a Blackberry OS10 app available at launch but Spotify can't. I tried the Deezer offering and it works fine but I don't want to desert Spotifumble quite yet. Come on Spotify get your act together!! Oh, and when will there be a final Linux version? However the  Linux beta works fine on my Ubuntu desktop.

Nick

Be sure to add your kudos and comments to the official ideas topic here. 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I want it for the Blackberry 10 too -- Spotify team pls. fix.

It's really time for Spotify to make that app!! Hurry!

Man, why no Blackberry love?  MOG?  no!  Spotify?  No!  What is the big deal?  I was all ready to cancel my Mog desktop account becaues I couldn't imagine that any other streaming music services would be as dumb as Mog as to not support BB10 (or blackberry at all, in the case of Mog).

Come on, I can't deal with pandora's low bitrate you know!?  I guess I am on to search for another service, and of course more music stealing..  FWIW, you guys really ought to capitalize on the Blackberry customer base as it is huge in the emerging market.  Maybe not so much in the US yet, but give it some time.  QNX is miles beyond Android technically, it just hasn't had time to mature yet in the mobile space.

Indeed, time to get that act together. Just bought my subscription whilst having the iPhone 5 to enjoy spotify, yet now I have my Z10 and there's no way to enjoy the service? Come on. Enable webstreaming for the time being please. 

The Z10 is absolutely great and I know Spotify is in development but is there an estimate on how many weeks it could be? Cause currently I am paying $10 a month without being able to use it.

HEAR HEAR!!

I really hope there will be a Blackberry OS10 app soon!

waiting for that app, too.

Hi guys, I've been talking about this for an age now and I know Peter has started a great thread that has a pile of kudos, just make sure you add your comments there too.

Also, I believe you can get some of the functionality working in the beta Web player. What you need to do is follow the link https://play.spotify.com/home BUT! Before you do:

Navigate to the browser on the z10
Go to the browser settings
Select Developer mode
Turn "Desktop Mode" to on
Then reload the page.

You will get the Web player version, not sure how Good functionality is, but thought I'd share.

Cheers
Krislad

Functionality via the beta web is so-so...  I used it off and on the past week or so. You can get playlist based radio (or any radio for htat matter) to work just fine, but actual playlists don't work. It's clunky stop-gap for the most part but it's not bad.

Tried that, but it won't work. I get redirected immediately to the homepage of Spotify. I reside in the Netherlands, perhaps that makes a difference? The desktop mode works on all other sites so I don't see how else this can be explained. 

Well I followed the instructions an it's working fine on my z10 🙂 Really glad to have at least the webplayer.

But well, at the moment I more often use the Playbook app at home+Blackberry Music Gateway 🙂

To get Spotify working on the Z10 I just went into the browser settings and enabled Developer Tools > Desktop Mode. The Spotify web player now plays perfectly, just use https://play.spotify.com and login 🙂

Previously I always received the 'Too many redirects' error.

Hope that works for you, this should see me through to the official app that I hope will arrive soon.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/spotify-z10-800960/

Just to add my $0.02...

I've been with Spotify for a long while now and really appreciate the service.

I got a Z10 for my birthday and love it. I'd really love to see Spotify released natively, so that I don't have to stream and can listen to my music wherever.

Thanks for providing such a great service! Please don't forget the Blackberry market!

Please Spotify, make an app!!!

Suggested posts