Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB10] Spotify on Blackberry 10

[BB10] Spotify on Blackberry 10

As the Blackberry Z10 has now been launched when can paying customers expect a spotify app for use on the new operating system?

From what i've learnt it is very easy to port an android app over from android to work quite well on blackberry 10. Could this be a shortcut into the market?

We're just asking for a definite yes or no and if yes when?

78 Replies

@user-removed wrote:

Hey i found a way to get the Spotify Android App working on the Blackberry Z10

I used this Tutorial:
http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f279/tutorial-run-any-android-2-3-3-app-blackberry10-817781/

to get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW5vYsOEj6k&feature=youtu.be

Many Thanks to xsacha for his Tutorial, finally i can use my Spotify Account on my Z10 it works amazingly well

maybe we could get Spotify to build at least an Android Port for BB10

That is epic! 😄

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Is the Spotify Android working well on Blackberry ? Because even with OS7, the spotify app for Blackberry was not very efficient : like sometimes all my playlists needed to be synchronized again. Even it was already done, I had to download it again on my Blackberry a lot of times.

I test Deezer since yesterday: all my playlists were imported very fast, then I ask to synchronized my playlist (around 2Gb of data)  on Deezer to be able to listen even when mobile network is off: it did it very fast and clean !

... and with Deezer, you can listen music on two mobile at the same time with the same (premium +)  account  !! (from the third, you have to be on OFF-line mode like Spotify).

Definitively... bye spotify. (Next time take care of Blackberry's  user !)

Indeed the porting is epic. Works here. Which makes it all the more of a mystery Why Spotify is too lazy to port the app in general for the time being. If even I can bloody do it, why can't the guys that are paid to do it?

Well... After an hour and a half of toil I got the Android apk working on my Z10! I used this method and it's working great!

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f279/spotify-working-z10-817994/

Thnx for this great post!

Mabey stupid question... i did all what xsacha tutorial says and i installed the debugtoken.bar.

As now what file can i use to install spotify? i have tried the not tested bar files from a website but is not working.

If someone can explane that would be great.

Regards,

Marlon

Hey there - if you've successfully created the debug token bar file then you're almost there. You just need to edit the y-android2bb.bat file to point to your SDK installation path, then drag pretty much any spotify APK file for Android you have. I downloaded the latest 0.6.x.x version. When you have that you just drag the APK file onto that last y-android2bb batch file and a NEW bar file is created. Then you install both the debugtoken file and the new android bar files onto your Z10 or Q10. You can use the last batch file, "zinstaller.bat" or (as i did) use the DDPB utility (which is great for installing multiple and removing multiple bar files).

You need a Spotify Apk, just Google it or if you have an Android device use the apk downloader extension for Chrome then you have to drag the apk over the zandroid2bb bat and it generates the bar file you need

edit -

Ah little too late ^^

Thnx for your info guys that just helped me out!

Spotify is working like a charm on my Q10!

Gratz! 🙂

Will this solution jeperdice the security? - and will it last for more that a month (as the token expires)?
I don't want to perform a hack in My business Phone

It's not really a "hack", per se, but yes you'll have to renew the token. It's defintiely not perfect but it does make spotify work on you BB10 device. 🙂

Guys... really is not worth doing all that for spotify.... 

Also someone mentioned on the post that they dont want to hack their phone... that is right!... If you hack your phone, tech support or waranty by BB or your mobile provider.... So if you have future problems with the phone and they find out you did this... they will not support the phone at all. 

One thing is to do side loaded apps... you're "hacking" the app... not the phone. with this, you're modifying your phone. Also remember that Android is known for security issues... 

I decided to move away from spotify and I've been using Rhapsody... You get a free trial online and phone... I posted the side loaded app for it.... it works good, it has more music than spotify and you also get free cloud space.... so you can synch the music on your computer and the cloud... 

http://www.androidbars.net/search.php?search=rhapsody

I would not do anything to modify my z10.... modify apps sure why not. 

If the app is not working... then there's a setting on BB that is not allowing it to do so.... 

Go to... 

SETTINGS

MAIN VOLUME

last option ALWAYS ADJUST MEDIA VOLUME

that should be on... if its on and not working.... reboot your phone and it should work.

if its still not working then you have a conflict on the phone and eventually is going to spread to other apps... at this point you need to restor factory settings.. 

But again... noth worth hacking the phone for spotify... 

Meling, the above is not a "hack". It is simply using dev tools to create .bar files for "testing". The debug token you recieve comes directly from Blackberry. This is no more than a fancy sideload. I agree it's more work than spotify deserves, but then again I still have a little less than a month on my current premium  subscription, as well as many friends on spotify so I chose to give this a go and at the end of the process the app works better than most of the "canned" .bar file sideloads I've done thus far.  Maybe I'll give Rhapsody a try down the road, but again, this method is not a hack of the phone. You are not altering the OS or the phone's hardware in any way. Just to be clear.

After some research and intense work, I finally got Spotify running on my z10! I used Barinstall.com and scoured the Crackberry forums!! Take that! I won't be 100% satisfied until I have a native app made though! 

#TeamBlackBerry #BB10 #PremiumSpotifyUser #HOUSEoHOLIC ♥☺☻☆♪♫♥☺
IMG_00000986.png
IMG_00000984.png
IMG_00000983.png

To bring that back to the top ...

Latest Spotify release converted to BAR and used on BB10.2.0.483 does not work anymore!

We need that "Built for BlackBerry" Spotify app!

Thanks!

It's true that we are overdue for a spotify app for BB10... It is true that it's ridiculous there is not an official release, particularly since the port works near flawlessly. So, that being said, the method I posted a while back in this thread is still working just fine on my Z10. Very little lag if any at all, offline playlists, the whole enchilada...

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f279/spotify-working-z10-817994/

By the way, SPOTIFY....

You're welcome for our efforts alone finding a way to use your service on our devices without support or consideration and a minimum of communication from you.

You're welcome for my continuing to renew my paid subscription in spite of all this.

I'm sorry, but the very moment that Deezer becomes available in the U.S. I'll be leaving you.

My sentiments exactly. Any update? 

I am now a Wimp customer and are about to leave Spotify. Wimp are a part of my mobile subscription and at the moment they are testing lossless flac (additional subscription).

Suggested posts