Step 1

NEXT STEP

BBC News Global Podcast - does not play

Solved!

BBC News Global Podcast - does not play

Plan Premium

Country UK

Device iPhone 11, iOS 14.7.1

My Question or Issue When I try to press play there is no sound and the show/cursor does not move. I've noticed this for approx 3 months.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @CharlC,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We checked out this podcast and were able to play it without issue, so there are some things we can try here. 

To start, please run a clean reinstall of the app, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, please try to connect to a different WIFI/mobile network and test it again, do you notice any difference? 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @CharlC,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We checked out this podcast and were able to play it without issue, so there are some things we can try here. 

To start, please run a clean reinstall of the app, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, please try to connect to a different WIFI/mobile network and test it again, do you notice any difference? 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

This works! Thanks MafeG! 🙂

Hey @CharlC,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

MafeGModerator

Having the same problem. Tried all of the above. No change.

Hi there @Gsó,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We'd like to have a closer look into this but first we'd like to gather some more information.

Can you let us know if this occurs on a specific device or multiple devices?

Also, can you let us know which country your in and if it's matching the country setting you have on your account? You can check that here.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Same country as listed Iceland. And this occurs accross devices. Galaxy s10 android phone, on laptop and desktop.

Everytime I access the BBC global news podcast and press play it pops up at the bottom.... and just as I was about to screenshot it right now. It started working again after being out for a week 😅

I have no idea what happenend.

Thanks for the help though 👍 and specially for the quick response.

I have this issue, and have tried a re-install of the app (Spotify) without any change. As futher information, the issue manifests when trying to stream the podcast via WiFi (to Sonos).  I am able to stream the podcast using Airplay.  I also have had the issue streaming to airpods, both via Iphone and AppleWatch.

The clean re-install only worked for a bit. I could play one episode, then it stopped working again. This is happening on both Android phone and Windows laptop. 

I am having the same issues with the same podcast. This happens on my iPhone and PC. Uninstalling didn't help

I am also having this problem. Trying to play BBC Newshour. I have an iPhone 13. I live in the US. I deleted and reinstalled the app, it did not solve it. It usually manifests when trying to play via an Amazon Echo speaker. I believe it still plays using Apple CarPlay, but I’ll check later today. Have not tried via a computer.

I have the same issue with the same podcast. Just updated phone & no change. Spotify app has to be closed & reopened to get the podcast to play.

This has been an on and off problem for months for me. Same wifi, same group of devices, sometimes it works, other times it is all frozen up. It only has ever happened to me for the BBC podcast. I assume by the time stamps in this thread that Spotify never located the real issue?

Suggested posts