Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone 11 Pro - BMW iDrive 6

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

Since last month I own a BMW 4 series Gran Coupe with the latest iDrive in that generation, the iDrive 6. When I connect my iPhone to my car it automatically detects the Spotify app and shows a Spotify shortcut in my Media menu. It works fantastic and I am very happy with this integration. However, I am wondering the following;

I use my navigation maps as the primary display and use "split screen" with the Media information. The split screen shows the Spotify Album Art and the title, with a "scroll bar" below, on which I could scroll through a song by using the touch screen. However, the other day I saw that the Artist was showing up instead of the scroll bar and I much prefer this, because I am not using the scroll bar as I don't like greasy fingerprints on my screen. ?

Is there a way to always show Title/artist instead of Title/scroll bar?

IMG_4280.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @jkuiper91,

Welcome to the Community!

Having a scrollbar is part of the standard outlay. We don't have much influence on how it displays, as what it does is just provide an interface for the app on your phone and all of this happens on iDrive's end.

We suspect that the scrollbar module in iDrive might've failed to load up, hence it was replaced by something else like the Artist name.

Hope you find this info useful 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @jkuiper91,

Welcome to the Community!

Having a scrollbar is part of the standard outlay. We don't have much influence on how it displays, as what it does is just provide an interface for the app on your phone and all of this happens on iDrive's end.

We suspect that the scrollbar module in iDrive might've failed to load up, hence it was replaced by something else like the Artist name.

Hope you find this info useful 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts