Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Backwards' Compatibility

'Backwards' Compatibility

I'm quite miffed. Just last week I was able to use the new Spotify Web Player on Windows XP SP3 with Internet Explorer 8 (eight!!) just fine and once I opened my own computer running Windows 7 SP1 and Internet Explorer 11 and it told me I needed to enable DRM content, the support page did not have Internet Explorer and a few days later I just have a ribbon saying I'm not supported. I should not have to learn a new operating system just to use Edge and I am not about to move to Chrome! I am too far established into the last workable operating system to mess around this semester. I'm not one for UI changes anyway but this is more unacceptable than usual.

spotifyProblem.png
4 Replies

Hey @dasBuzzBuzz,

You were most likely using the old web player, which has been shut down a few days ago.

You can check Spotify's latest system requirements at https://support.spotify.com/article/spotify-system-requirements/ 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It definitely looked like everyone else's new player, and quite different with the 'now playing' bar at the bottom instead of the right, menus and playlists to the side, no queue...

I might check back on the XP computer but I got something to happen at the turn of September. I just tried reaching the Support Team by e-mail and didn't get anything for the DRM problem but I suppose I don't really have to worry about any of that anymore. Now I just can't do anything.

Not trying to be a **bleep**, but you shouldn't use XP in the first place. It's old, switch to 10. 

It's an old destop we have, I don't go to sketchy websites is all. It'll die if I tried to upgrade it, plus, XP has the best user interface. My favorite. It's about the most intuitive, although I love 2003 Office better. It worked for Spotify and the online VM I use to get university computers, that's all I need it to do right now.

Suggested posts