Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Beginnings and endings of songs cut off on Amazon Echo Dot

Solved!

Beginnings and endings of songs cut off on Amazon Echo Dot

I purchased a few Echo Dots which I connected via miniplug to two separate stereo systems in different rooms.  When I play playlists I made, the first two or three seconds and last two or three seconds of every song is abruptly cut off, and there are several seconds of silence before the next song plays. Others having this issue? Any ideas on how to solve it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've had this problem for a couple weeks. At first I thought it was a bad bluetooth speaker, but playback method from echo dot doesn't matter. Today I turned off gapless playback on my spotify app (iphone), then sent music back to echo dot. It has been working fine ever since, no cutouts at the beginning or end of songs.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I've been having this problem as well - no answer for how to fix it though. 

Yup, same issue. Doesn't happen all the time on every song, but enough that I notice it and it's becoming increasingly annoying.

Me TOO!!!!  I updated all the software when I got it...so it shouldn't be that!

Same issue here. Tried everything I can think of. Thought about returning the dot as it's driving me nuts.

Same issue here. Wasn't there before. Starts new song when the current isn't finished yet (not even close).

The Reddit Link says that Amazon told them to relink Spotify, and it seems to have fixed it for someone.  The thread has now been designated as "solved," but I'd like to hear from others woh have done this--and the problem has gone away and stayed away--before I am ready to call it solved.  Too busy to try it myself today. I will report back when I do, and would encourage others to report back.

I've tried this and it fixes the issue for a short time sometimes, then the problem returns after a few songs.  Other times I've tried this and the relink doesn't help at all.  The issue with the songs cutting off keeps coming back for me at least.  I'm trying to contact Amazon also for suggestions.

Marked as solution

I've had this problem for a couple weeks. At first I thought it was a bad bluetooth speaker, but playback method from echo dot doesn't matter. Today I turned off gapless playback on my spotify app (iphone), then sent music back to echo dot. It has been working fine ever since, no cutouts at the beginning or end of songs.

It seems mine was broken with gapless off. I turned it on, then it started working normal again.

I turned on cross fading in the preferences today and set it to 3 secs and that seems to have fixed it for me on my iMac.

Mine does that on Echo Dot and Computer, and it's more than a few seconds that get cut off before the next song cuts it off.  Ruins every song in the playlist.

It's definitely not solved. My computer is doing the same thing as Echo. It's Spotify for sure. Pandora and Amazon work just fine.

I just fixed mine by signing out on all devices. I'm wondering if someone else hadn't gotten into my account, because the other day I found a lot of electronic junk as playlists and in recently listened. Anyway, so far when I signed back in it works fine. Fingers crossed.

Suggested posts