Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best way to post original MP3s to profile

Best way to post original MP3s to profile

I host a weekly radio show, and I want to post the episodes on Spotify like a podcast. I posted my first one today using the Local Files feature as was recommended by google searches. I posted it into a playlist that has the same name as my radio show, but when me or my friends search for the playlist, they can't find it without going to my profile. I just posted it and I know that brand new content doesn't show up right away all the time, so that's not a big deal. The bigger deal is that when they find it on my profile, they can't play it. Do they have to have premium in order to play it? That would kind of defeat the purpose of posting them if you can't listen in order or listen at all, which is the case right now. If that is the case, is there a different way I should go about posting my content so people can listen to it as they would any other podcast? Any advice is welcome, thank you!

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 13/Dell XPS)

Operating System

(iOS 16/Windows 10)

1 Reply

Hi there @colton_h_11!

Local files can only be played on the device they're currently stored on. You're able to play it on your device, since the file is present there, but someone else won't be able to do so, as they don't have that same file on their own device. You can find out more info on how local files work in the articles below:

If you'd like to upload your show on Spotify so that your friends and other users can listen to it, we'd recommend checking out Spotify for Podcasters and their FAQs page.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts