Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

As I cannot install the Spotify player application, nor use the Windows 10 store option on my laptop, I have been looking to use the web player instead. 

However, I have found on all three browsers on my machine (Firefox, Edge, Chrome) that whenever I log into the web player, I am presented with a black screen with no further options. 

What is odd is that originally Edge and Firefox did work after logged in, but eventually they stopped working too - Chrome never worked from the outset. Importantly it is only when I log in that I am presented with a black screen - so while clearing my cache does work in the sense that it restores the player, as soon as I log back in I am presented with the same issue. 

I have tested this on other devices, and the web player works fine on those. 

Any suggestions would be welcome. 

4 Replies

Hey there @LordCashpoint

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Would you mind letting us know if you're using a VPN, a private or a public network?

Additionally, could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end? Make sure not to send any private info. 

Lastly, we suggest that you reinstall your browsers to check if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, thanks for responding. 

I am using a private (Home) network with a direct access connection managed by the system administrator. Again - I was able to use the web player initially on Firefox and Edge so I know it's not impossible. 

With regards to screenshots, it's literally a black screen with no additional features. 

I am afraid that I may not be able to reinstall the browsers to test. 

Hey @LordCashpoint,

Thanks for the reply.

As this is happening with multiple browsers, the issue might be related to the host files on your system or to the network you're using.

Try the following:

• Remove any entries containing Spotify from your host files; Follow this Solution.
  • Try connecting to another network like a mobile hotspot created from your phone. (This will help to check if the issue is network related)

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Most problems I've had with Web players I've resolved by turning off Hardware acceleration on in the browser. I found this why looking for a solution to my external monitor blinking and shutting off when opening up any site with video such as Amazon or Netflix.

Instructions to Disable Hardware-Accelerated Video Decode in Chrome:

1. Open *Chrome*.
2. In the address bar, type `chrome://flags` and press `Enter`.
3. In the search bar at the top, type `Hardware-Accelerated video decode`.
4. Locate the **Hardware-Accelerated video decode** option.
5. Click on the drop-down next to it and select *Disable*.
6. You may be prompted to restart Chrome. If so, click the *Relaunch* button.

Note: Disabling this feature might affect video playback performance in Chrome. If you experience any issues, you can always return to `chrome://flags` and set the feature back to *Enabled*. But I haven't noticed any difference.

Suggested posts